Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing or quilting shows on TV (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-quilting-shows-tv-t196414.html)

Deborahlees 08-04-2012 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew (Post 5417073)
Simply Quilts is what started me in quilting! HGTV seems to only cater to home purchasing, demolishing and remodeling. What ever happened to Carol Duvall?

Yes, good question, what happened to Carol Duvall, she always had such interesting guests on.....

mawluv 08-04-2012 10:00 AM

Wish there were someway that we could let Carol Duvall know, how much we love and miss her!

clawson556 08-04-2012 10:08 AM

I learned so much from Simply Quilts!

kittiebug 08-04-2012 03:31 PM

I live in Maryland, we get Fonds & Porter. --- Saturday about 6:00 am
Nancy Notions. about 6:30 am. Saturday .... Marthday Pullen about 7:00 am ...... on ch# 22 & 32

Quilt in a Day ... ch# 345 don't know what day.

linmid 08-05-2012 12:01 PM

Most that I have seen are on PBS channels and Eleanor Burns is on RFDTV.

romanojg 08-05-2012 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Brandi (Post 5410587)
What channel on TV are the quilting/sewing shows? I can't seem to find any. They have everything else.

Here they are on channel 109 Create TV. Check your listing for Create TV. Mine are 5 days a week; Mon thru Fri 6 am. to 630am

LadyElisabeth 08-05-2012 08:16 PM

We will start taping our new Oregon Quilting series in September, and will have it on 7 channels but also IT WILL BE ON THE WEB SITE of everyone can watch it. Our first programs were part of another series and we weren't able to show much quilting, but did have show and tell.
when we start this September, we will be in charge and will be able to show what we want.
We will be asking for suggestions of what YOU would like to see.

SandyinZ4 08-05-2012 08:18 PM

LadyElisabeth, I am looking forward to this. We can always use another quilting show and if we have to watch it via web site, that will be great for those of us who don't get the Oregon PBS.

Traditional 08-07-2012 05:06 AM

I get Quilting on Saturdays and Sundays on PBS stations.

burchquilts 08-07-2012 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by mme3924 (Post 5415157)
I LOVED the original This Old House. Loved Bob Vila! All home improvement shows now are filled with controversy, which seems to be what drives tv, period. Reality Renovations, in which couples argue over their mistakes; Room Trashers, or Yard Crashers or whatever! Or these house hunters walking through million dollar houses who complain about the brand new appliances because they are not all stainless or because the granite on the countertops is the wrong color! I guess there are viewers who like living that fantasy but it just irritates me. (getting off the soap box.....) ;-)

I used to love the original "This Old House", too, but the latest incarnation is just more of the same HGTV yuppie McMansion stuff that I don't care anything about. I kinda of like "Rehab Addict" because she appreciates old homes & architecture but the others leave me cold. What ever happened to "starter houses" that didn't cost a million dollars? Fixer-uppers?