Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Room Cleanup (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-room-cleanup-t226410.html)

asimplelife 07-24-2013 08:45 AM

I was right there with you last fall with over 100 UFOs! I'm almost to my halfway point now and it's been a real confidence booster to make a bit dent in the piles. I get to start a new quilt after finishing 10 UFOs and that has been very motivating. My goal is to have less than 25 by year end.

Luckily most of mine get donated so I don't have to worry about storing them!

quilt addict 07-24-2013 08:57 AM

You are very productive. I have that problem with the fabric and so my sewing room does not get cleaned....

Nammie to 7 07-24-2013 09:25 AM

I don't know what I would do with that many quilts either! As mine are finished they usually go to a family member - so far they don't have their fill yet so that is a good thing.

quilt addict 07-24-2013 09:43 AM

You are very productive. I have that problem with the fabric and so my sewing room does not get cleaned....

luvstoquilt 07-24-2013 11:53 AM

Not to that degree but I do get overwhelmed! I am an avid buyer so when you decide to sell let me know!!!LOL

quilttiger 07-25-2013 03:07 AM

After putting in a lot of heart and time into making a quilt, it can be difficult to part with it. However, I find when I make them for my family, Quilts of Valor and other charities, I find it happily satisfying to give or donate them.

twinkie 07-25-2013 03:31 AM

I know that one of our members has posted some quilt tops on the Sale section of the board. I know she has sold many of them. It is worth a try. And, I would say you have a serious addiction.

meanmom 07-25-2013 04:49 AM

Wow that is a lot of quilts. Open an Etsy shop and sell them to get money for more fabric. I have been working my way thru my UFO's this year too. My rule has been to finish 2 UFO's to start a new project. I have been doing pretty good with that. I have most of the easy UFO's finished now on to the harder ones. I had a wall hanging that was sitting for 2 years only needing binding. I feels good to clean all of that stuff out of my room. I have a pile of about 20 doll quilts waiting to be quilted. I plan to take a Craftsy class of FMQ and use them for my practice quilts. I donate them to Salvation Army for their Christmas doll program here. They give away 700 dolls every Christmas. Each one comes with a quilt. Their goal is to try to give each little girl a quilt too.

carolynjo 07-25-2013 04:51 AM

Just 'cause family wants them doesn't mean they are entitled. Keep what you want.

Annieflower 07-25-2013 04:57 AM

Your passion for quilting comes through loud and clear. It's a gift and good luck with your clean up. Sort your whole project into pieces and work on one thing at a time. That way you won't be over whelmed but pleasantly surprised. :)