Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Room...Would you show us right now? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-room-would-you-show-us-right-now-t164531.html)

patdesign 10-31-2011 05:54 AM

I would be ok, since I cannot sew in clutter, I do clean up after each days sewing, so if I was in the middle of sewing it might be untidy.:)

judi wess 10-31-2011 05:59 AM

Up North, I used to worry about "messy", not anymore. One of the things I enjoy about being 65 is my "Maxine" 'tude. If it works for me, it works. I have a small room, 7x10. Will clean it up to avoid anxiety but not cause I give a ....what anyone else thinks about my space. There, I feel much better now. Love yourself, respect yourself.

Treasureit 10-31-2011 05:59 AM

This is why you don't see my sewing room on here - I keep thinking that as soon as I get it cleaned up again.....it might be a while!

onaemtnest 10-31-2011 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by ksdot417
In the past my basement sewing room would have qualified for Hoarders. After a water disaster I had to totally pack up everything so the restoration people could come in and redo the ceiling, repaint and clean carpets. It's amazing how it changes your perspective. Now my room is totally organized and I love it. Of course I'm not deluding myself into thinking that it would have been that way if not for the water.

OMGoodness, did you lose your fabric to the water damage, your sewing machine/machines? The thought of a flood/water disaster to what my DH calls the most expensive room in the house makes me shudder!

simplyme 10-31-2011 06:11 AM

Until a few days ago I would not, but I have been working on my room for the past 4 days. It got so bad I could not find anything or get much done. So, I decided it was time to stop sewing and get things in order. I am almost finished and will post some pics. when I finish. Already, I feel so much better. My sewing room is our dinning room, which we never used, and also part of the living room (that is where my HQ Avante lives). I feel I will be able to get much more done now that everything is neater and I can see where everything is. Before I had my fabric in plastic containers and stacked all around. I had to dig to find what I wanted. Now I have all my fabric on boards and put on shelves like mini bolts. It looks so lovely I could just sit and look at it if I had time. This was also a good time to go through and destash. I found that over the years that my taste in fabric had changed. How funny!

sunnymom 10-31-2011 06:13 AM

Yes. My room is so small I have to keep it neat, otherwise I could not find anything!

Tudey 10-31-2011 06:17 AM

I would have to do a major overhaul before I would take pics of mine!

writerwomen 10-31-2011 06:25 AM

you can take hours and hours to tidy up but the reality is it's like dust it just keeps coming back. some of the best projects are born out of cluttered messes where you see things you never thought would work together.

Kath12 10-31-2011 06:29 AM

I am in the process of moving my sewing room to a larger room. I like the idea of the power strip and light mounted behind the sewing machine. I'll keep that in mind.

Rose Marie 10-31-2011 06:33 AM

Wouldnt it be fun to see our sewing area before starting quilt then after the quilt is done?
I like my room neat but when Im in quilt construction mode its a mess. Made several quilt tops and had to stop to tidy a little before going on.
Wish I had taken a picture of the mess to share. My floor suffers the most. I have a trash can for cutting scraps and a can next to my sewing machine but does it all go where it is supposed to, not.
If I had carpet it would be impossible, Im so lucky to have laminate floors.