Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Room...Would you show us right now? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-room-would-you-show-us-right-now-t164531.html)

sguillot 10-31-2011 09:14 AM

A while back I posted saying I was hiring a professional to help me organize and clean. Many asked for before and after pictures. I was so ashamed that I didn't post before. The organizer was quite expensive so I have a friend of a friend that is charging much less but only can work a couple of hours here and there as she has a full time job. She is doing an amazing job and it is coming together slowley. I haven't figured out how to post pictures but I will try when it is farther along. So my answere is, I would tidy up first.

Kappy 10-31-2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Keep in mind my room is about 8x7 so quite small. I am being brave and showing you this.

What did you do with it???? All that stash....doesn't look like there would be room for it... I have given up hope of getting mine anywhere near "neat and tidy"! LOL

dotski 10-31-2011 09:18 AM

i would show u now and anytime...i can't work in a messy room

quiltlover51 10-31-2011 09:22 AM

No way! I'm just glad it's my bonus room and it has a door.

grandma sue 10-31-2011 09:25 AM

No way!

Up North 10-31-2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kappy

Originally Posted by Up North
Keep in mind my room is about 8x7 so quite small. I am being brave and showing you this.

What did you do with it???? All that stash....doesn't look like there would be room for it... I have given up hope of getting mine anywhere near "neat and tidy"! LOL

It is all in there there really wasn't that much stash the batting is stored behind the chair. Things that didn't belong in there when were they were meant to be.
Believe me it did not happen over night!

pocoellie 10-31-2011 09:37 AM

11 Attachment(s)
Just Fabric-are you sitting down? LOL

store room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279831[/ATTACH]

my fabric storage units-all full
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279839[/ATTACH]

store room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279851[/ATTACH]

store room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279853[/ATTACH]

Cheri_J 10-31-2011 09:38 AM

I would have no problem showing you my sewing room right now - if I wasn't at work. I'm anal when it comes to organization and it was reinforced as a child that you clean up your work/play area before you leave. I still do this and before I leave my sewing room, I put everything away or stacked neatly for my return.

star619 10-31-2011 10:09 AM

The first time I went to a Quilting Workshop, Margaret Miller was one of the presenters. She introduced her new book & then went into a slide show. She said the when they had moved/built their new house, she got her own sewing room. She showed a slide that made us all shrink in guilt over the comparison with our spaces. After a pause, she said: "No, this is the room to show you what I think it should look like." She swapped slides, and said " This is what my sewing room looks like for real." It looked just like the rest of ours look. Stacks, piles, half-finished projects on her design wall, etc. We all laughed in relief, and she reassured us that the creative process is chaotic, messy and uncertain.

CLMQuilter 10-31-2011 10:20 AM

I just finshed a peoject so I would have to ckean up my room before I could show my quilt room to any one lol.
Carol in Delaware