Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Room...Would you show us right now? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-room-would-you-show-us-right-now-t164531.html)

Sheila_H 10-30-2011 05:55 PM

Well I'd show you a pic of my sewing room but right now it's in my dining room. We never use the room unless we've got guests over and then everything gets dumped in our office, lol

Hubby walks through shakes his head like today went to sit down on the couch and I had cloth all over that as well, he said it's like a virus it's spreading. LOL told him build me a sewing table and it will stop.

ksdot417 10-30-2011 05:55 PM

In the past my basement sewing room would have qualified for Hoarders. After a water disaster I had to totally pack up everything so the restoration people could come in and redo the ceiling, repaint and clean carpets. It's amazing how it changes your perspective. Now my room is totally organized and I love it. Of course I'm not deluding myself into thinking that it would have been that way if not for the water.

Mad Mimm 10-30-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
I would show you, I stay pretty tidy as I'm a little OCD and can't work in a mess.

I am the same. I have a very small space and if it gets too messy, I go bonkers and can't think. I have a shelf that has some clutter on it, but nothing too terrible. The most embarrassing thing about my sewing room is the hunky guy photo I have hanging on the wall! :lol:

AZTeri 10-30-2011 05:58 PM

Right now, mine is ok. Not great, but ok. I tend to clean up after finishing a project before starting the next one. However, don't look in it when I'm in the middle of a project!

lynnsim 10-30-2011 06:02 PM

My sewing room is a total disaster! I've been trying to reorgaize it since last fall, but there is always another project to work on.....

oksewglad 10-30-2011 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
Keep in mind my room is about 8x7 so quite small. I am being brave and showing you this.

What a transformation and I think all it needed was tidying up. :thumbup: I think there's a lot of us who keep pulling out that elusive "perfect" fabric when we are working on a project. Then it's time to clean up. That's me right now and "No, a 1000 times No" is my answer.

Scissor Queen 10-30-2011 06:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Once I got mine rearranged and sorted out it's pretty clean. Here's before and after.

before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279850[/ATTACH]

after
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279852[/ATTACH]

darlenewitt2004 10-30-2011 06:21 PM

Would not show my room right now. Hubby put up a new shelving unit today, and made the comment that my room could qualify for "Hoarders" lol... Once stuff is put on shelves I might be brave. Really needed the extra shelving!

pocoellie 10-30-2011 06:25 PM

I don't think you'd REALLY want to see my sewing room, but you can show us yours. LOL Mine is a total mess, although I do need to clean it up so I can get some fabric measurements done, hopefully soon.

Digitizingqueen 10-30-2011 06:27 PM

Mine has accommodated my crafting area as well as my sewing I was organized - it got switch by soemoe else - I reorganize - I crammed more stuff into it ... I now need to give myself permission to get rid of stuff I will never finish