Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Room...Would you show us right now? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-room-would-you-show-us-right-now-t164531.html)

memepat 10-31-2011 03:52 AM

I have been organizing my fabric this weekend - putting it on boards. Ran out of boards so still pretty messy. Maybe pictures in a few day - weeks - months - maybe never. LOL
Enjoy your space like you like it!!!

Plumtree 10-31-2011 03:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I cannot tell a lie, mine is usally very messy. I tend to toss my scraps, threads, and anything else I'm done with over my shoulder or on the floor. I clean it at the end of a project the problem come to view when I have more than one project going at once then it's really bad.

Here is a picture when it is somewhat tidy.

mhansen6 10-31-2011 03:55 AM

I posted pictures of my sewing room and the pictures were taken by my husband without any forewarning. So they are what they are.

chaskaquilter 10-31-2011 03:58 AM

I've gotten to the age where I accept who and what I am. I would post pics of my messy room cuz that is the enviornment I work best in. I try to tidy up, but it magically returns to the chaos.

anniesews 10-31-2011 04:04 AM

Tidy first. When in the throes of production, I usually have several projects going at once so there are piles of each all over my sewing room.

luana 10-31-2011 04:10 AM

It's MY space, so you see it the way it is, no apologies.

She In PA 10-31-2011 04:13 AM

Is the dresser in the middle an ironing board top? It looks like you have space under it too. If that is what it is it's a great idea. I have friends who have made doors into ironing table but, just have legs under it I like the use of drawers under it.

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Once I got mine rearranged and sorted out it's pretty clean. Here's before and after.

mmb195152 10-31-2011 04:20 AM

How about show and tell done like a "come as you are party". No tidying up first, just picture "the moment" , and share on the board tomorrow. Great fun for Halloween!!!. LOL

olebat 10-31-2011 04:22 AM

Surely, if showing my room to other quilters, they would understand. Non quilters, on the other hand may think I'm a pig. But wait, ya want to see messy, let's go to the craft room. Not a whole lot of crafting going on right now, so it is the catch-all room. There are still bins of project materials strewn around which need to be sorted and stored from a teaching gin early in the month. Now, too, the house plants have all been moved inside, and it's really a jungle in there. Do I really care? no, I'm quilting, I'm happy, I have something to show for my time.

onthemove 10-31-2011 04:28 AM

My room is fairly organized and I try and tidy up at the end of everyday, but anyone coming in has to be prepared for lint balls and threads walking out on their clothing. My grandpup was sitting in the room yesterday and I looked down to find his paws covered with thread pieces. I had to laugh. At least he likes to spend time with me!