Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Rooms - Smart Ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-rooms-smart-ideas-t62191.html)

twixbar 10-09-2010 12:25 PM

Great thought, I am always looking for tips.

jprusky 10-09-2010 12:41 PM

Very smart thinking. Hmmmmm, what can I resurrect to do the same thing? I'm sure I have something I could use. More work for my husband.

Judy

SewExtremeSeams 10-09-2010 12:57 PM

Scissor Queen I really like your pressing center. Great use of your dresser with all the drawers!

starshine 10-09-2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by NanSew

Originally Posted by craftybear

Hmmmm....mens T-shirts came up when I clicked on the link.

Me too but if at that site you put "wallboard" in their on site search box the pegboard unit comes up

brushandthimble 10-09-2010 04:16 PM

Scissor Queen, that is a great idea! thanks for sharing the photo, I may have to go find a dresser:)

Farm Quilter 10-09-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Door stoppers to raise the sewing machine. Genius.

If you put one of those rectangles of sample carpet from the carpet stores under your machine and under the door stoppers, nothing will slide. I also stab pins in the carpet when I'm doing the same blocks over and over and only need 3-4 pins for each block, again and again.

pal 10-10-2010 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Two of the best things I did in my sewing room was take out the ironing board and the cutting table and replace them with dressers. The cutting table dresser is already the right height, I just added a plywood top to make it big enough. The ironing dresser was long enough and wide enough for my big board top but it wasn't quite tall enough so I had my son build a riser out of MDF and a square fence post cut into 4 inch sections at the lumber yard. Both of these increased my storage tremendously.

Scissor Queen, I had done the same thing with an old dresser but used 2x4 as a riser and an old door as the table. It goes from wall to wall. Never thought of making it into an ironing board! Great Idea!

leaha 10-12-2010 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jackkip
My question is, has anyone ever taken a kitchen cart and put a larger top for a cutting table? I really would like one that has wheels that can be easily moved. I have a hubby that is handy with wood working so alterations are not a huge problem. So any ideas out there? Thanks, you guys are the best :wink:

I use the butcher block table that I had in my cafe' I added a drawer under the top for rottery cutters and odd templets, shelf under is for bolts of fabric

NanSew 10-13-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by leaha

Originally Posted by jackkip
My question is, has anyone ever taken a kitchen cart and put a larger top for a cutting table? I really would like one that has wheels that can be easily moved. I have a hubby that is handy with wood working so alterations are not a huge problem. So any ideas out there? Thanks, you guys are the best :wink:

I use the butcher block table that I had in my cafe' I added a drawer under the top for rottery cutters and odd templets, shelf under is for bolts of fabric

Very good use of an item you already have, we can use all the storage we can get :-)

craftiladi 10-21-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Door stoppers to raise the sewing machine. Genius.

If you put one of those rectangles of sample carpet from the carpet stores under your machine and under the door stoppers, nothing will slide. I also stab pins in the carpet when I'm doing the same blocks over and over and only need 3-4 pins for each block, again and again.

Love this idea, thanks for sharing.