Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   SITD foot? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sitd-foot-t95509.html)

BabyCakes 02-01-2011 06:38 AM

I love mine would not be without it.

Toni-in-Texas 02-01-2011 07:07 AM

I don't know which one you're talking about, but I have both, what they call an edge-joining foot and the foot with the quarter-inch guide on the side. Both work well. The edge-joining foot is the one I use for "real" SITD quilting, because the little edge in the middle just stays in the seam as it goes along. The one with the 1/4 inch guide is good for piecing and also for quilting a 1/4 inch from the seams.
One word of warning. Be sure and get the edge-joining foot that's made "JUST" for your machine. The one I have was supposed to work on both the machine I bought it for and the new I got several years later. It didn't and I almost wrecked my sewing machine when I tried to use it.

featherweight 02-01-2011 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by dusty222

Originally Posted by featherweight
I have the SID attachments for all of my machines. I really like the way they make my seams look after stitching. I have a lot more precision when I use them. I wouldn't even try to do it without the attachment now that I have gotten used to using them.

Do you use the sid foot without a walking foot when quilting on your quilt?

If it is a small quilt I do. If it is large quilt I use my Pfaff with the IDT foot and the SID.

featherweight 02-01-2011 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Toni-in-Texas
I don't know which one you're talking about, but I have both, what they call an edge-joining foot and the foot with the quarter-inch guide on the side. Both work well. The edge-joining foot is the one I use for "real" SITD quilting, because the little edge in the middle just stays in the seam as it goes along. The one with the 1/4 inch guide is good for piecing and also for quilting a 1/4 inch from the seams.
One word of warning. Be sure and get the edge-joining foot that's made "JUST" for your machine. The one I have was supposed to work on both the machine I bought it for and the new I got several years later. It didn't and I almost wrecked my sewing machine when I tried to use it.

Actually, my Viking and Brother SID foot are the Edge Joining foot. It is easier to call it SID as that is what most people use it for in quilting.

lillybeck 02-01-2011 07:55 AM

I use my regular foot and it works fine.

Jan2 02-01-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Does anyone have a stitch in the ditch foot? I'd like some opinions before I purchase one. Mail order returns are not my favorite thing to do. It looks like a good idea, but then so do a lot of unnecessary gadgets. Thank you.

I have a Pfaff and use my stitch in the ditch foot all the time. Couldn't live without it!

amBoo 02-01-2011 08:27 AM

Could you tell me the product number from the package for this? I just bought a SITD foot for my Janome last week - maybe I could exchange it.

Thanks!

Somerset Val 02-01-2011 08:58 AM

I have a SITD attachment which fits onto the walking foot of my Janome. It's great!

illinois 02-01-2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by amBoo
Could you tell me the product number from the package for this? I just bought a SITD foot for my Janome last week - maybe I could exchange it.

Thanks!

I assume it is the number from the attachment that you are asking about??? The Ditch Quilting Guide and Adjustable Quilting Guide is Part No. 214-518-005 (Made in Taiwan, of course.) You may decide you'd like to keep the SITD foot for small projects but this other one works really nicely for larger quilts and with batts with more loft than a table topper might have--when you really need the walking foot to keep it all together.

Char 02-01-2011 10:04 AM

MY Bernina 440QE came with the SID foot - #10, but I haven't tried it yet.