Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So how many quilts are you working on? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-how-many-quilts-you-working-t177966.html)

bcross 02-03-2012 01:59 AM

I've started a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler that I'll be teaching at the local quilt store, a Turning Twenty cut out. (actually a UFO as has been cut out over a year), and one that was last year's BOM that is at the longarmers. We have completed 32 hours on it and are not through yet. It's a custom queen sized. I will be starting a new BOM with the Michael Miller clubhouse at the end of the end of the month. I am also almost finished cutting out two Bonnie Hunter full size quilts for a day and a half workshop I'll be attending in March. That makes my total five.

117becca 02-03-2012 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt (Post 4937427)
Am I the black sheep here? I only have one...:)

A few years ago I decided to be very disciplined and to finish one quilt before I start the next. But you can be sure, there are at least 5 or 6 already planned in my mind!

Nope - you're not the only one. I have one in the frame (another hand quilter here) that will be done in the next 2-3 weeks. I will be starting to put the next top together soon so that it will be ready to go on the frame as soon as the current one is done. I quilt while I watch TV or play on the computer, so always want one in the frame.

katier825 02-03-2012 02:43 AM

I have many in various stages. I tend to work assembly line due to space issues. I piece when I don't have room to spread out to sandwich or do the quilting. I also cut out and "kit up" future projects so that I can just grab and go when I want to sew for a few minutes here and there. I've even got some Christmas projects cut out hoping I will actually get to them this year! LOL I've been really good lately about finishing up older projects. I've still got a few that need quilting, one that needs the borders & quilting. I don't have any UFO's...just many WIPs!

Moonglow 02-03-2012 02:45 AM

Three at this stage but will be starting another four (for caravan beds) on the weekend.

sewbeadit 02-03-2012 02:46 AM

I have seven.

QuiltnNan 02-03-2012 03:00 AM

I have 3 BOMs and two other quilts in progress. That's not counting about a dozen UFO's, mostly just waiting to be quilted.

dd 02-03-2012 03:11 AM

I counted 4 but I have really good reasons for all of them. lol

Juliebelle 02-03-2012 03:43 AM

I just finished a new top so now I have 5 that need to be sandwiched and quilted. I did get one quilted and the binding is on, just needs to be washed. I love making the tops but put off quilting till I am in the mood. Guess I need to get in the mood ha ha

gaby4v 02-03-2012 03:53 AM

I just have two. But if you would have asked me last year, my answer would have been 6. I promised myself to finished these six before I start a new one. Now I only have two, one BOM and a wedding quilt for my daughter.

Mickie612 02-03-2012 03:57 AM

I have 2 ready to put the border on, 2 ready to quilt, 1 million piece 30's in the works, 1BOM and Sunday I am going to a Super bowl mystery quilt class all this on top of making pillow case dresses for our Church's mission in Ghana. I thought I was going strong but next to ya'll I am a beginner.