Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So Remember That $180 Bernia Walkingfoot? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-remember-%24180-bernia-walkingfoot-t40236.html)

oops 03-22-2010 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by SuzyM
I went home this weekend to see my dad, I try to go see him at least once a month and I was going through mom's sewing machine cabinet to see if there were any feet my dad missed when he gave me mom's Bernia machine . . . . and in the bottom drawer underneath a bunch of stuff was a walking foot she bought. It is still in the box I don't think she ever used it. When she bought it is was only $90 now they are $180. I am so glad I didn't buy one last week. I also found the lever that goes on the outside of the machine that lifts the presser foot with your leg instead of having to reach behind the machine each time.

Good for you, my old one for my 16 yr old Bernina was less than a hundred. This last one was more than I wanted to spend but just couldn't get along without it.
Glad your mom was telling you to go look at her stuff. Hope you get to go through all her sewing stuff. It is amazing what treasures you will find.
I dropped the Bernette off at the repair store - they think that it maybe the bobbin I was using but they are going to check everything out for me anyway.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-22-2010 12:17 PM

Wow, so happy to hear that you found the walking foot.

patsyo56721 03-23-2010 04:13 AM

I just bought the delux walking foot for my babylock and it was $150. I thought that was high It works like a charm though. Well worth the money.

Rachelcb80 03-23-2010 04:18 AM

So glad you've been able to start using your mother's machine. That's wonderful about finding the knee lift lever and the walking foot! You will love the walking foot on that Bernina. Wishing you many happy memories while working on your mother's machine!

Shemjo 03-23-2010 04:30 AM

Glad your mom steered you to look for the attachments. More $$$ for fabric.

sandpat 03-23-2010 05:13 AM

What luck that you found it! I bought mine off of ebay and I'm sooo happy I have it. I also use the knee lift ALL the time! I love that part!

MissQuilter 03-23-2010 05:22 AM

I have a Bernina that I have used extensively since 1974. I LOVE that machine. I am considering purchasing the rediculously expensive walking foot for my machine. Where do you find them? I figure that it would still be a good investment if I can quilt more myself. I have several machines.... but the Bernina is a true treasure and a workhorse.....

bstanbro 03-23-2010 07:36 AM

You'll love that machine and the lever. I wouldn't be able to live without mine now that I've used it for a while. I'm glad to say my machine came with the walking foot! So sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost my mom 13 years ago, and I still miss her.

breezy 03-23-2010 09:38 AM

Think you put one too many o's in good.!! :-D

adrianlee 03-23-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by spinnergs
I priced feet at a dealer and quickly decided I didnt need any right away, but then I looked on ebay and paid about half what a dealer wanted. Guess you just have to look.

I paid about $55 for my Bernina walking foot about 15+ years ago. Now the ruffler foot is a knock off my hubby found on ebay for $19.95 and it works great on the Bernina. Yes, those feet can get awful $$$$. Like my BIW would say, "they're pretty proud of their $tuff."