Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So what quilting projects are you working on this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-quilting-projects-you-working-weekend-t106958.html)

happyscrappy 03-11-2011 06:35 PM

i get to work this week-end. woo hoo - not

FQ Stash Queen 03-11-2011 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
Does everyone have lots of fun projects planned for the weekend? I finished two UFOs during the week and hope to finish 2 more. However, I've misplace the binding strips for one so might not be able to complete that one. :( That's what I get for cleaning my room. I have a few pinwheel blocks to work on as well. And at some point, I would like to do some embroidering. Not sure there's enough time in the weekend but we'll see!

I'd be asking myself if there was enough time in the month to get it done!!

quiltnmom 03-11-2011 06:39 PM

Working on quilting a sailboat quilt for my soon to be 2 year old grandson. Have a deadline. It's for his birthday in May.

FQ Stash Queen 03-11-2011 06:46 PM

Project 1: make 2 fleece tie quilts for charity (kids with cancer).

Project 2: work on getting my stash sorted out so it will maybe all fit in the motorhome under the bed. DH won't complain if he doesn't see it. Leave out some hand quilting and figure out where to stash 2 sewing machines.

Project 3: finish cutting out 46 different fabrics for the next row of my row robin. Hope it looks like I picture it, but that would fall under the category of "unbelievable".

Project 4: package up my Spring FQs and pincushion so they are ready to go out as soon as I get an address since we leave this horrendous snowy State in two weeks. Been here 11 months and can't wait to get out. There is no Spring here. It's still snowing. In GA its T-shirt and capri weather and the cherry blossoms are starting to bloom. Not sure what blooms here, and hope I won't be here to find out.

Life on the road -- anybody care to join us?

noreeli 03-11-2011 07:07 PM

I would love to be able to get some more machine quilting done on a quilt I am making my older sister... though I brought my 4 year old grandson home with me today, so we will see....

Have a good weekend everyone!!!

Lv2sew2011 03-11-2011 07:08 PM

Fixing to start hand quilting again, was taking a break now I'm ready to get started again...

sak658 03-11-2011 07:18 PM

I hope to get 2 more tops sashed of the cross-stitched quilt blocks my sister did before she passed away. I have enough of the blocks to do 3 full and 1 twin to give to my 2 daughters, twin to her granddaughter, so they can have memories of their aunt and grandmother. The blocks are so pretty.

franie 03-11-2011 07:21 PM

I am working on Lizzie. Also, working on a paper-pieced star that is taking me longer than I think it should. Then I will design a bed-runner around it. Maybe sneak in a few hand stitches on my applique' too. I cleaned off my work table today and organized yet once again.

grammysews4u 03-11-2011 07:22 PM

put the border on my crazy quilt top I finished last night.maybe start quilting it.

hperttula123 03-11-2011 07:24 PM

I have a few quilts that I have to finish the binding on(not fun!!!) and I need to make curtains for my sewing room. I have a layoff for next week and I hope I can get alot of sewing done....keeping my fingers crossed!!!