Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   something for me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/something-me-t89718.html)

jeanneb52 01-13-2011 02:40 AM

I have been working on my UFOs since New Years Day and am making progress. But I really want to start a new one. Soon! I hate a stack of UFOs starring at me.

G'ma Kay 01-13-2011 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by frenchrose
this might not mean much to you but I got me a new cutting mat 24x36 and a new rotary cutter.yea yea now if i only could get into the mood to quilt. I have so many things started but nothing finshed.whats wrong with me?

french Rose

Refer to PatriceJ's response to ffeffertim's post of "new disease"

Nanjun 01-13-2011 08:07 AM

this might not mean much to you but I got me a new cutting mat 24x36 and a new rotary cutter.yea yea now if i only could get into the mood to quilt. I have so many things started but nothing finshed.whats wrong with me?

I am in the same boat as you are. I bought a rotating(?) cutting mat before Christmas and then I got a Accqgo baby for Christmas and haven't used either of them yet.

french Rose

lillybeck 01-13-2011 11:13 AM

Good for you. Sometimes we need to get something just for us. Now pick a fabric and cut, cut and cut some more.

Sassylass 01-13-2011 11:17 AM

I think we all go through that at one time or another. I had wanted to start another top but caught a cold instead..even picking up a cutter seems a chore right now :(
Hopefully we will all get back in "the groove" :)
sass

janetter 01-13-2011 04:56 PM

Here is an answer from a seperate post but fits the bill....

oh ... yes. that's among the most annoying of the quiltitus virus strains.

you have quiltitus nofinishus

then there are:
quiltitus buytoomuchifus
quiltitus neverstarticus
- often brought on by quiltitus can'tmakeupmymindwhichprojecttopickifus ... leading invariably to quiltitus juststareatallthatfabricus

none of those are as bad, however, as
-quiltitus ranoutofthefabricbeforethequiltwasdoneicus
-quiltitus can'tfindTHEoneremainingfabricIneedforthisprojecti fus

the one that will nearly kill the average quilter?

quiltitus imissedthehalfoffsalebyonedayicus!

french Rose

Annz 01-13-2011 06:44 PM

concentration on one thing at a time.

OneMoreQuilt 01-13-2011 06:46 PM

Just make a pot of coffee (or tea) and go break in that new cutter and mat!!!! You'll feel better.

SitzSewing 01-13-2011 07:31 PM

show me a quilter/sewer who doesn't have more than 1 thing going on at a time.

rona thickpenny 01-14-2011 12:08 AM

I too have got a few UFOs but so far am getting through them . I finish one UFO then do a new project, finish that then another UFO and so on . At the moment ti is working , for how long that is the question. Time will tell.