Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A stash ....really? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stash-really-t147401.html)

mollymunchkin 08-24-2011 11:46 AM

I build my stash by always buying a little extra. I love the 50% off a cut of fabric coupons at Joann's.

Latrinka 08-24-2011 12:48 PM

A stash is just that-whatever fabric you have. Can never have too much fabric! Let's see.....I'd like to own a fabric shop someday!

greenini 08-24-2011 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
I was hoping I would be able to buy more fabric by the end of this month. Well son is back. His wife had a truck she was paying for but it was my DH name to help them get a better payment. And now due to medical reason, I now have the truck and payment :-( so I will have to just drool over fabric :-( :-( :-(

Sell the truck...buy more fabric
:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Marcia D 08-24-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
OOOOh thats pretty! Thats how i build.

Laughing my tail off. That was really funny!

MargeD 08-24-2011 01:17 PM

My style - when I was working and could afford it - was to watch the sales to pick up fabric I couldn't live without, or sometimes for a particular project, but usually the fabric would speak (sometimes yell my name) to me and tell me I had to bring it home with me. The really dangerous place to be was one LQS that would mark down fabric to $2.99/yd - the fabric that had been on the shelf, but space was needed for new fabric. Then I would pick up enough fabric to back a quilt or quilts, as I said - dangerous. But it was so much fun, and I picked up some really great fabric. One fabric in particular had been purchased as a backing, but it demanded to be the focus fabric in a queen size quilt. I always did love a bargain.

KyKat 08-24-2011 01:22 PM

A stash is when DH :evil: says "When did this F#@!-ing room become a quilt factory?" and storms out of the family room. Oh, well. He has a TV in his bedroom.

antiquegirl68 08-24-2011 01:25 PM

I can't wait until I have a big stash like all of you ladies, I have some fabric but nothing like most of you on here.

oldcottontop 08-24-2011 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by wuv2quilt

Originally Posted by leatheflea
OOOOh thats pretty! Thats how i build.

How true, how true......OOOOOH and it's on sale? Then of course you buy MORE!!! LOL

True, True.....OOOOOH how pretty and its on sale? OHHHH but its too pretty to cut.... :lol: So I buy more. And round and round she goes and where she stops no body knows.

TheSevenYearStitch 08-24-2011 02:23 PM

I just kind of happens, I suppose. You see a fabric, you have no plans for it, but you can't let it get away...and repeat until you have no room for it all!

Farm Quilter 08-24-2011 02:48 PM

I've built my stash mostly out of "read-as-solid" blenders and a few prints I'll use as focus fabric just because I love them. I tend to like the wilder fabrics so they need other materials to calm them down a bit. I have also built my stash collecting material for landscape quilts. If I find blenders at $3.50 a yard or less, I'll usually stock up a bit! Love that rainbow on my shelves :thumbup: :thumbup: