Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stupid Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stupid-sewing-machine-t39418.html)

pc1camp 03-16-2010 08:37 PM

If you take your machine in, take a sample of what you are trying to quilt and a sample of regular 2 pieces that you would be piecing and make them fix it to that standard. I just can't imagine anything with Bernina name on it not being top notch for stitching. The Janome is a good stitching machine also and the Brother. Both of them do lovely Embroidery, but the Bernina does the best stitching especially your Mothers model.

Good Luck,

Peg-TX
Innova 18" :lol:

Gerbie 03-16-2010 09:03 PM

I have a question about using spray starch on the top, if I want to use a quilting pencil or quilting marker, would I be correct to spray the quilt with starch first then use the marker or pencil, or would the pencil or marker be easily removed if sprayed with starch before or after? I have never thought of using spray starch a great idea. I really have a problem with this quilting forum, I love it but I seem to spend so much time reading all of the great stories, idas and hints that I can't seem to find time in the evenings I need to for my quilting, sorry just joking I love this site and I am so glad I stumbled onto it. Everyone is so helpful and gives such great ideas of their trials and troubles that help all of us with problems. Thanks for everyone sharing your ideas. Gerbie

judi wess 03-17-2010 04:29 AM

Suzy, after following all the suggestions above, putting those cute teflon "Os" in the bobbin case works wonderfully. The bobbin spins in the case and voila, no nasty back stitching.

HIBISCUS 03-17-2010 06:44 AM

Try looking for one on Craigslist, freecycle (local), or one of the other sites before you give up on the walking foot!!!

skjquiltnut 03-17-2010 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by judi wess
Suzy, after following all the suggestions above, putting those cute teflon "Os" in the bobbin case works wonderfully. The bobbin spins in the case and voila, no nasty back stitching.

Hi, what do you mean by "cute bobbin "0's"?

patsyo56721 03-17-2010 01:11 PM

Since you have only had it a year it should be in warranty. Take it back to your dealer.

Tink's Mom 03-17-2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by shequilts
I do have a Bernina and other feet just don't work. Re the Bernette machine...I have been told they are not made by Bernina. That's why the quality is not the same. I guess somebody just jumped in on the name and provided a low end machine.

Bernette is not a real Bernina...it is made in the Far East not in Europe. A low quality machine compared to the real thing. Sorry you are having problems with it .....

judi wess 03-17-2010 03:38 PM

The cute O's are teflon circles that look like notebook reinforcers. They are offered by Nancy's Notions and Clothilde[I think] and are called Magic Bobbin Washers by Little Genie. I had the spiderweb effect problem on the back of the machine quilting even after adjusting the tension. It seemed that as long as I quilted in straight lines and slowly there was no problem but when I tried to do circular patterns with any speed the problem was awful. I asked the local LQS Husqvarna [viking] to do a sample and she had the same problem. I keep one in the bobbin case all the time now.

skjquiltnut 03-17-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by judi wess
The cute O's are teflon circles that look like notebook reinforcers. They are offered by Nancy's Notions and Clothilde[I think] and are called Magic Bobbin Washers by Little Genie. I had the spiderweb effect problem on the back of the machine quilting even after adjusting the tension. It seemed that as long as I quilted in straight lines and slowly there was no problem but when I tried to do circular patterns with any speed the problem was awful. I asked the local LQS Husqvarna [viking] to do a sample and she had the same problem. I keep one in the bobbin case all the time now.

Thanks, will try your idea!

quiltlady37 03-17-2010 07:52 PM

I had a Bernette and I hated it. I now have a good Janome.