Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A suggestion when replying to long threads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/suggestion-when-replying-long-threads-t66228.html)

gale 09-22-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie

The original poster can also help by altering the title of their thread to include something like "see latest update on page 6" or "I have decided, thank you", or whatever....

I'm not positive but I think after a certain time period, posts or subject lines can't be edited.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-22-2010 04:42 PM

Patrice, love your new word!!
quilterkind :D:D

mzsooz 09-22-2010 08:47 PM

The original poster can also help by altering the title of their thread to include something like "see latest update on page 6" or "I have decided, thank you", or whatever....

We have the ability to alter our title? How do we do that?

VickyS 09-22-2010 08:52 PM

I've found a couple of times that when I stop to comment/add to the blog, someone else has jumped in while I'm thinking about what to say... causing that duplicate comment. Can't do much about that timing issue.

I think the points here are really well thought out. I've gotten lots of emails about comments that say pretty much the same thing over and over and over and over :)

AnnaK 09-22-2010 08:58 PM

I love this little community but sometimes we are like a disfunctional family- everyone talking at once and no one listening :-/

Sounds like you've been to my family dinners!!LOL

craftybear 09-22-2010 09:02 PM

well said Patrice J (moderator)

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
the only cure is for people to start on page 1 and read all the way through when looking at a topic for the first time.

if i had only a dime for every person who refuses to do that before jumping in with their two cents i could buy a private island, get there and back in my private jet, and have my 87 room ultra-luxury mansion tended by 100 or so professional domestic engineers.

and have plenty of cash left over for a warehouse of fabs, the finest machines and every gadget known to quilterkind.

:lol:

gale 09-22-2010 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by mzsooz

We have the ability to alter our title? How do we do that?

You can edit your post (and presumably the title) but only for a certain amount of time after it has been posted. Then the edit button disappears.

BellaBoo 09-22-2010 09:51 PM

I don't see a problem with long threads. It doesn't take but a few seconds to read each one. I have found some great gems of thought in the longer threads.

debbieumphress 09-22-2010 11:37 PM

Or maybe close the thread and open a "current" thread. I expect a few duplicats when a thread gets so long. I just go along and keep reading. Like PatriceJ said "ditto"