Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The things we do for love (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/things-we-do-love-t222491.html)

isewman 05-29-2013 12:35 PM

From Don-isewman

I know your husband, will keep it. If he decides, it's not he wanted, put me on the list, to pass it down to(ha-ha). I LIKE IT. I like the colors.

Emma S 05-29-2013 12:43 PM

Really, really like the quilt and the colors. The colors alone would keep me going.

I made a flannel Carpenters star with a rag finish on the other side. Sure was bored with that one but its owner cuddles up in it to watch tv so it was worth it.

petthefabric 05-29-2013 01:09 PM

Yes, the things we do for the ones we love. Sometimes they're not fun but they do provide reward when finished.

I like the idea of committing 1-2 hrs every quilting session, then go to someting you love.

Some other ideas, play uplifting music or books on tape. Post a picture of DH doing something special for you. Your thankfulness will help keep up you committment of love (love isn't always warm fuzzy feelings, sometimes it's committment to the other persons desires).

Aria 05-29-2013 03:19 PM

If you do your own quilting, then you could be thinking of what great and creative design you're going to quilt once the top is done. I also listen to books on CD while I'm quilting. And, it looks like you're almost done. Just think how wonderful it is to have a guy WANT a quilt. :)

twinkie 05-31-2013 02:57 AM

certainly doesn't look boring to me.

cpcarolyn 05-31-2013 05:36 AM

Nice quilt. Love the colors.

tlpa 05-31-2013 06:55 AM

I would say to set goals on it...maybe put half the rows together, and then do something you like for a slotted time period, then go back to it again and back & forth. You'll get 2 projects worked on, one you enjoy, one for love...

charity-crafter 05-31-2013 07:00 AM

Looks like you are pretty far into it. Make some nice crumb blocks or strings with bright exciting colors as leaders and enders for this project. to sort of brighten up the sewing. The colors do look nice and I'm sure once it's quilted it will look fantastic. It does seem a little on the dark side. He picked out the colors and fabrics so he knows what he's getting.

nygal 05-31-2013 07:34 AM

Can you choose another brighter fabric and add it in for sashing?

Pat G 05-31-2013 07:36 AM

I sure understand how hard it is to work on what becomes a very boring project. The big pix here is that he's so involved in what you're doing.
My husb. always fully supported everything I did. I lost my husb. 5 yrs. ago & there is a huge hole in my life now. He used to be able to help me if I didn't have something placed right though.
Why don't you work on it in stages. Put it down for a bit then pick it up occas. Just put your love for him into every stitch & he'll know it. That should be motivation to get through the "boring" parts.

Pat G