Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Took the plunge today, Bought a Bernina (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/took-plunge-today-bought-bernina-t224299.html)

petthefabric 07-15-2013 10:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 6176584)
Congratulations on Delayne. I can't imagine how you managed to bend a foot! LOL, you are one serious sewer. I am thankful I never caught the embroidery bug, but my bug is equally expensive (Longarm!!) My Bernina is the 153 Quilters edition. Not near as many bells and whistles and I only use a fraction of what it can do! Can't wait to see you post pictures of your creations.

The Bernina Dealer could understand how the machine could bend a foot-because it has so much power. What they couldn't understant is why it stiched where it did.

On the learning curve. Today I was able to repeat last Saturday's embroidery class, by myself. I could find my way around the screens. I even was able to change to a different pattern and stitch it. Yeh!
The first two pictures are luggage tags, front and back. The last picture is a quilting pattern, stitched on the embroidery unit. [ATTACH=CONFIG]424183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]424184[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]424186[/ATTACH]I'm thrilled with what I was able to do today.

petthefabric 08-03-2013 06:34 PM

This past week, spent 3 days at the dealer working on quilting the churn dash blocks of a quilt. Learned to support the quilt because the drag was too much for the embroidery unit to move properly, It had a warning light and stopped. Glad I was at the store because they were able to tell me right away what was wrong. Then as I was supporting the quilt, the quilt folded over the area of stitching and the machine wammed into the fold/foot. Broken needle and another bent foot. They were able to bend it back. Got a good lesson on making sure I got all the broken needle pieces. Then I learned how to set up each block with the embroidery template. Enlarged the stitch out and turned it 45% in the computer to have it set on each block the way I wanted. Used the back up window to reset the machine to continue stitching where the mishap with the drag and broken needle occured.

I like this learning curve. Hit a problem and get an answer within minutes. Then get professional help to get going again.

I'm liking this machine. And the dealer. They've been stellar.

SuzieQuilts 08-03-2013 07:49 PM

My 820 is named Big Momma. I love my machine, take the mastery classes if available. I have taken one so far, and feel much more confident already.

Shorebird 08-04-2013 04:30 AM

NAME HER DELAYne, written just that way!! How wonderful for you to get such a great machine and be in a position to really learn all about her! Keep us posted.

cathyre 08-04-2013 04:38 AM

I have had my 830 Bernina for the past 4 years and LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it best machine I have ever had .
Cathy