Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It used to hurt my feelings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/used-hurt-my-feelings-t189432.html)

beatys9 05-19-2012 04:47 PM

I do the same thing - I read through all the comments & if someone has already used the same sentiment I would have expressed, I just don't write most of the time...

YukonViv 05-19-2012 04:49 PM

I'm basically a quiet person, I like to sit and watch...and smile and nod when I see something I like. Unfortunately my smiles don't translate well online LOL...when I look at things and they make me smile or bring me joy...I don't necessarily comment so...it's a moment in time and the post made me feel good, and then I move on. Does not diminish the person's work in any way if I don't comment.

When something has particularly moved me, I have sometimes PM'd or emailed the person directly, because I don't wish to "share"...I guess that says alot about my private side.

On the other hand, when I post something I do like hearing that others like it!!!! :)

TerryQuilter 05-19-2012 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie (Post 5228645)
I'm guilty of it too. If I'm not one of the first 2 or 3, I don't post a comment because I know someone else made the same comment I would have and usually in better words. And now since you have to type at least 10 characters, I can't even post a thumbs up!

If you type a period then the thumbs up icon it will post without out the 10 characters.

TerryQuilter 05-19-2012 05:16 PM

.:thumbup:

xsquilter 05-19-2012 05:19 PM

Oh, glad you brought this up sweetpeaches....Like many here, I love all the quilts & such that I see. There's such a vast variety, abundance of inspiration, that you might be typing forever! I too don't post to everything, but I sure look at it all!
Maureen

Teddybear Lady 05-19-2012 05:20 PM

.:thumbup: Thanks for the tip!

Teddybear Lady 05-19-2012 05:24 PM

I too do a lot of "looking" without posting. After reading so many, "wow's", "great job", "beautiful", "nice work"...I don't know what to say. I'm amazed at the work posted on here. My confidence gets built up when I see all the patterns. I get off here and head to my sewing room and start working on some of those projects laying around. I'm so thankful I found this board. I'm always saying..."my friends on the quilting board...". haha

MaryMo 05-19-2012 05:24 PM

I wish there was a "me too" tag on responses so that I wouldn't have to say the same thing many before me have said. I want the poster of pictures to know I applaud their work but don't want to add to 2 or 3 pages of the same comments. I'm glad you posted this.

RkayD 05-19-2012 05:32 PM

I love reading the replies..but how many times do you "really" want to read ditto?? =) although...I don't always read what others post until after I post. And if my opinion ends up mirroring someone else's then all I can say is~Great Mind's Think Alike. =)

burchquilts 05-19-2012 05:38 PM

I think a "like" button would be cool, too.
You know me... I pretty much always comment because I can't keep my mouth shut... LOL! When I have a picture & there aren't as many comments as you' d like, I just figure lots of people are lurkers.