Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Vent....My stupid error! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vent-my-stupid-error-t53876.html)

Ditter43 07-11-2010 07:00 AM

Contact her asap.......there is an error there somewhere!!!

Candace 07-11-2010 07:05 AM

Yes, send her a message that you misunderstood. Also, when the package comes check what the actual cost of mailing is vs. what you're being charged. A few bucks for a "handling" and "packaging" fee is standard, but any more than that and I'd make sure she knew I was displeased.

littlehud 07-11-2010 07:12 AM

So right. Check the postage when it arrives and if there is a big difference contact her and let her know you are unhappy. If she doesn't work with you leave here bad feedback. I don't mind paying shipping and a little bit more for their time, but don't try to overcharge me.

sharon b 07-11-2010 07:52 AM

:shock: OH MY... Please contact the seller and see why she thinks it will cost so much and if she is willing to adjust ?

If she ( and I say she just because, not because I know who it is ) is not willing to work with you , then in your comments you can say shipping was HIGH and I believe there is another area in feedback that you can mark her down for the shipping cost.

Keep us posted

sueisallaboutquilts 07-11-2010 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by frogella
Okay, I bought some fabric squares on ebay. Ask seller if she would combine shipping. She said yes, so much for the first and the rest would be another price. I thought she meant the second figure would be for all of the rest! I should have asked her to clarify, so I got $18.00 worth of fabric and I am paying $21.00 for shipping. Oh well...next time I will pay better attention!

You need to contact the seller. Ebay no longer allows sellers to charge those ridiculous prices. I am a seller (not fabric) but I can tell you that's waaayyyyyyy too high!!!
I buy lots of fabric on ebay and have never paid even close to 21.00 and sometimes I've bought up to 15 yards!!!

sueisallaboutquilts 07-11-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
So right. Check the postage when it arrives and if there is a big difference contact her and let her know you are unhappy. If she doesn't work with you leave here bad feedback. I don't mind paying shipping and a little bit more for their time, but don't try to overcharge me.

You can't always see the postage price on the package. I use online shipping and it isn't on the labels.

sueisallaboutquilts 07-11-2010 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by frogella
NO, They are shipping from New York. I got a really good price on the blocks, from bidding. Maybe she is trying to make up for the shortfall with shipping. I just know I won't be doing it again. It all would have fit in a $10.95 flat rate envelope! But I will say again it was my fault for not getting clarification. I always just think how much more fabric I could have gotten for the shipping!

Flat-rate envelopes are 4.95- flat-rate boxes are 10.40 or something like that.

mamaw 07-11-2010 08:03 AM

There is an option to ask the seller to adjust the total before you pay. I have never paid that much and buy many things on ebay.

Quilter7x 07-11-2010 08:05 AM

I hope the seller gives you some money back rather than pocketing it. Ouch!

amma 07-11-2010 08:06 AM

If you haven't already, please contact the seller and ask if there has been a mistake made in the shipping calculation... see if she will adjust the fee.