Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Vintage Singer Sewing Table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vintage-singer-sewing-table-t159468.html)

Cathieinut 10-10-2011 05:10 PM

No pins for the machine but the basket as mentioned by Mitch's Mom
So now I need to look for the extension somewhere? LOL
I felt lucky to run upon this table and the $5 price tag helped. I think someone thought is was damaged so they marked it so cheaply.

Lostn51 10-10-2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cathieinut
Hoping there is someone who knows about the "cardtable" type sewing tables that Singer made back in the day.
I bought, from a thrift store, what I hoped was a Featherweight sewing table a while ago. It has the hole for a sewing machine but no hole cover or insert and is marked 148121 SIMANCO USA. It is made of a blonde type wood with tan metal legs and frame for the wood to sit on.
I tried my Featherweight and it was too small for the hole and the metal support for the machine.
Any info would be appreciated. I will try to add a picture ASAP if I can.
Thanks so much for any help

It is for the 301 shortbed and like stated earlier a few more will fit in it also. Now for the good news what you have is a rarer table than the FW card table!!

Billy

mtnative 10-10-2011 07:52 PM

My mom had one of these tables for her 401. I have her machine and wish I still had the table.

jljack 10-11-2011 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by traumaRN
I have both the 301 and 221 tables; the 221 table had black metal legs and the 301 had the tan legs. Yes, the insert is a different size, appropriate for the 301 (see my avitar).

OOOO Phyllis, I am absolutely :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: over you having both tables & machines!! Wow...I have the machines, 1 301 and 1 221, but not either table. Lucky girl!!! :-)

traumaRN 10-11-2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by traumaRN
I have both the 301 and 221 tables; the 221 table had black metal legs and the 301 had the tan legs. Yes, the insert is a different size, appropriate for the 301 (see my avitar).

OOOO Phyllis, I am absolutely :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: over you having both tables & machines!! Wow...I have the machines, 1 301 and 1 221, but not either table. Lucky girl!!! :-)

Thanks Janice, I was lucky enough to get my 221 table with the machine; a craigslist find. But I found my 301 table on ebay; and it wasn't that expensive! I have noticed a bunch of 221 tables on there recently, look for one within driving distance and you can avoid shipping charges- that's what I did! :lol:

miriam 10-11-2011 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cathieinut
Hoping there is someone who knows about the "cardtable" type sewing tables that Singer made back in the day.
I bought, from a thrift store, what I hoped was a Featherweight sewing table a while ago. It has the hole for a sewing machine but no hole cover or insert and is marked 148121 SIMANCO USA. It is made of a blonde type wood with tan metal legs and frame for the wood to sit on.
I tried my Featherweight and it was too small for the hole and the metal support for the machine.
Any info would be appreciated. I will try to add a picture ASAP if I can.
Thanks so much for any help

just stick it on the curb - what did you say your address is???

pflum1 01-29-2012 03:49 PM

Does anyone know what the number on the bottom of these table stand for? I have 2 blonde ones with beige metal legs and a brown one with black legs (T341374). The other 2 are in a packed closet, so I don't have the # on them. All have T and 6 numbers. One is missing the basket, but all are in excellent shape. Does anyone know where to find a basket as soon as I figure out what machine goes into it.

Surfergirl 02-09-2012 09:29 AM

I recently bought a blonde table with beige metal legs with the number 46 8...not sure if it is 468 or 46 8 because there is a space between the 6 and 8. It is not the featherweight table. Does anyone have any info on this particular table?

valleyquiltermo 02-09-2012 09:33 AM

I have the 301 table but haven't found the 221 table for a good price yet, but I will. LOL