Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Retreat Thanksgiving Edition (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-retreat-thanksgiving-edition-t235701.html)

Nanny's dollface 11-30-2013 03:17 PM

Love all of your projects! How creative to turn the panel into a shower curtain.

ragquilter 11-30-2013 04:46 PM

I must join these retreats more often, I actually finished my part of the Hello Kitty quilt. I cut the last 10 squares and sewed the squares into rows on Friday night. Today I sew the rows together and sewed the outside edges. I turned it over to the clipping department (daughter) and will wash it a couple of times before we wrap it. I will try to get ornery daughter to post pic tomorrow. First quilt I've made in a year but my shoulder hurts up into my neck. I have a project for tomorrow if I can get my arm to move.

kristakz 11-30-2013 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't get as much quilting time as I had planned today, but I did get my swoon quilt off the long arm. Just need to bind it now. Looks like my other plans for the weekend are changing, as I picked up a quilt from a client today and need to get it quilted for her.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]449360[/ATTACH]

crzypatcher 11-30-2013 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm right there with you! No crazy shopping for me.:p Been in my sweats since Thursday night and am working on some hot pads for "a little something for Christmas gifts" for those in one of my friendship groups. :sew:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]449367[/ATTACH]

Lyncat 11-30-2013 07:24 PM

I have been quilting a baby quilt with my embroidery machine...my first try at it. I have learned a lot about it today, and I'm very happy with the results. The binding is cut out and sewn into a long strip. Time for some pressing! I really want to finish it this weekend.

madamekelly 11-30-2013 11:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I spent today making a fleece jacket for one of my 'unofficial adoptees' who will be here for Christmas. She has a thing for dragons and I managed to find fleece with dragons on it. The bottom of the coat is even it just flipped up on one side when I laid it out for the picture. The second picture is a closeup of the fabric. I also made four (only three pictured) Christmas stockings for my daughter. I just used my fleece scraps so they were 'free'. Guess who gets the dragon one....lol.

kaelynangelfoot 12-01-2013 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by grammysonya (Post 6431617)
Where did you find the kitten panel?

I purchased it from ebay

kaelynangelfoot 12-01-2013 05:51 AM

Its great to hear that everyone is enjoying their weekend and getting some work done on some great projects! I was laid up with a stomach bug all day yesterday and spent as much time sleeping on the couch as possible, so I'm afraid I haven't gotten any farther on my projects. But feeling much better today and hoping to get a little more work done.

Gramakitten 12-01-2013 09:31 AM

Where do you find Bonnie Hunter's Celtic mystery quilt?

LTeachergeorge 12-01-2013 11:59 AM

Bonnie Hunter's blog, Quiltville, has a tab at the top named Celtic Solstice. Click on that. I can't find my Tri-Recs ruler so I have not started it yet -- probably just as well... I'm trimming and binding 2 quilts (Christmas gifts) that I just got back from the LAér.

Linda in Missouri