Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/22 to 5/25 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-5-22-5-25-a-t265478.html)

judy363905 05-25-2015 04:05 PM

Just finished Step 5 on my Giant Swoon Quilt....posted onto there. Now to work on inside pockets for that navy tote bag. Enjoyed this Virtual weekend retreat...thanks for posting this challenge :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

IrishNY 05-25-2015 04:15 PM

I didn't get much sewing time until today but I finished managed to get a few things done. I made a throw pillow from the fabric my daughter has picked for the table overlays at her wedding next year for her to put on her couch. I also made two pillowcases to go with a bed runner I finished a while ago. I got the binding finished on one quilt, trimmed three other quilts so I can attach binding and cut binding strips for two of them. Nothing particularly exciting but I am happy to get these tasks accomplished.

sewbizgirl 05-25-2015 08:04 PM

Thanks for posting the VQW! I have enjoyed following the thread. Until the next one, everyone... happy quilting.

kristakz 05-25-2015 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't get done what I had planned for this weekend, but instead I started (yet another) new project. Oops.

Saw this quilt in a book "Modern Rainbow", and just had to try it out. Found 18 fabrics in my stash and stuck the strips on my wall to contemplate the arrangement. I really need to get a different project finished (and a couple of quilts bound), but I'll likely work on this one this week instead.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520744[/ATTACH]

quiltingshorttimer 05-25-2015 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7205839)
I love that adorable chair! Where did you get one to recover?

I inherited 3 of them over the years from my folks--they had them when I was a kid. You used to be able to order canvas covers from Sears but that's been years ago. I've hung on to these for years and decided I wanted to do something with them. 2 more to do--but not same design--the paper piecing part about wiped me out!

quiltingshorttimer 05-25-2015 09:18 PM

woohoo! I've been stalling getting that mostly white, modern quilt on the frame--worried about how to mark it, etc. Well, spent the morning marking with chalk, figured out that my Gammill ALREADY had a black light installed --just needed to flip a switch--duh! And can see the chalk just fine with black light. So have it on the frame with double wool bat--plan to do a lot of quilting and wanted some pouf--and have it about half way stabilized. It's working! So excited and little embarrassed that I was too chicken to get this project going!

Suzanne57 05-25-2015 09:46 PM

Well, I didn't get any sewing done this weekend but did work on organizing the stash. I got my serger to work (bought it at an auction) and have been serging edges to pre-wash fabrics. I wash in hot water so can't do too many loads a day as the water heater won't keep up. Then I plan on ruler folding and making up "kits" so I know what is free to use and what is reserved for a specific quilt. When I get tired of doing this, I have to find out what happened to the sewing machine. It was doing just fine, then all of a sudden, it decided to freeze up. I put a bunch of Tri-Flow on it and set it aside to work on later. It probably has a thread stuck in somewhere and I need a lot of patience when trying to fix something like that.:mad:

Vicki1212 05-26-2015 02:53 AM

I must make a point of checking this board on a Friday. Sad I missed this! Would love to have joined.