Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/22 to 5/25 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-5-22-5-25-a-t265478.html)

AllyStitches 05-24-2015 09:49 AM

Great blocks! Love them!

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 7204893)
Judy in Phx, AZ: I just started on my rectangles for the Swoon. I needed to finish cutting my secondary color. I still need to cut some of the bigger squares for the primary color and then more 3 1/2" background and some bigger ones. Hopefully I will get to that yet this weekend.

I really like everyone's projects. Thanks for taking the time to share them.

I finished my 2 HST's for a HST Challenge. They are square but I didn't press them after I trimmed them to 9 1/2" so they look like they have uneven edges.

Connie

AllyStitches 05-24-2015 09:50 AM

These are amazing! I love your color choices!!!

Originally Posted by Rebecca_S (Post 7205270)
I got the borders onto my sampler quilt top and have moved on to putting blocks together for the next!

AllyStitches 05-24-2015 09:51 AM

Very pretty! It will definitely brighten things up for winter.

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 7205301)
While recovering from a torn muscle in my ribs, I am not moving much, so I spent yesterday working on joining the blocks on my current QAG. I wanted a really bright quilt to use as a winter bedspread on my bed. I have big problems with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) so I like to keep my home colorful and cheerful in the winter so this one is going to be bright, which is the exact effect I am working for. Here is the first section I have finished. Each block is 12"x12". The photo does not show the actually really bright colors, but you get the idea.

Nammie to 7 05-24-2015 09:52 AM

Not getting much sewing done here -- had to take my machine in for a spa day as it was skipping stitches. Figured it was ready for a good cleaning and service. Our granddaughter is graduating from high school this weekend, her party was yesterday. It has been raining since last night - flood warnings are out. Today I baked a rhubarb dessert and have been cutting circles from jeans to make a couple more mock cathedral window quilts for grandkids. All of your project look amazing! Thanks for the inspiration.

AllyStitches 05-24-2015 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been around much. Work has been busy, and I've just had a lot going on. I was actually considering selling my sewing room off. Do you ever have so much to do that sewing feels like pressure? What a weird space to be in! We bought a little vintage camp trailer, just 13 feet, that we're restoring, so I was hanging on to my machine etc to make curtains and a quilt for it, so that was my saving grace! Before I can get to any of those projects, I have two quilts to finish for my nieces. I've literally been working on these for 5 years. I don't like the way they came out, and I haven't felt inspired to work on them. But I can't work on my trailer projects until I finish them, because I want to deliver them next month. So I finally got the first one on the rack (no kidding, it took me over a month just to sew together the batting after I put the backing on the rack... Why am I so uninspired by this project?!?) So here's a picture of the first bit of quilting I did.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520564[/ATTACH]

I'm so glad that I didn't sell my things. I had forgotten how much I enjoy sewing. I have a lot to do this weekend, (a wedding this afternoon and a dinner at our house tomorrow evening) so I'm not sure how much progress I'll make, but hey! It's on the rack!! YEAH!

Mornigstar 05-24-2015 10:24 AM

Well if hubby doesn't make me go out this afternoon I will work on a charity quilt then actually send a pic if the Kodak Easy Share program works because Kodak is not supporting it now but when I first got it the process was easy.

wildyard 05-24-2015 11:44 AM

Cindi, I agree with sewbizgirl! That is definitely not an ugly quilt. Granted it's not in my range of color favorites either, but it would be perfect for a middle-schooler or teen!

wildyard 05-24-2015 11:50 AM

Macybaby, your butterfly quilt is awesome!!!

judy363905 05-24-2015 12:10 PM

Checking in...just having a bit of left over Chinese. Yummy. Have outside pocket made for the tote, on to the lining and inside. I was a bit short of solid red, but think I can get buy using a piece that is not the exact match as it will be used for the four pocket linings. Fingers crossed. Lol

Judy in Phx, AZ

oklahomamom2 05-24-2015 01:47 PM

I am working on a baby quilt for my cousin who's wife is having a baby