Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - August 30-Sept 3, 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-august-30-sept-3-2018-a-t299215.html)

Christine- 09-02-2018 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 (Post 8119967)
I couldn't fracture my Tree of Life. I liked it whole. I enjoyed this quilt so much that I made it twice. Two grandsons married a month apart. I used batiks from stash for the blocks and the brushstroke looking fabric from the line for binding. [ATTACH=CONFIG]600374[/ATTACH]

Wow, the jewel tones are beautiful in this quilt. I love this.

retiredteacher09 09-02-2018 04:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow! Amazing projects completed and in progress.

I recovered the board I use for ironing with Insulbrite and a fun camping fabric. It is duck fabric so it is heavier. The best part is I was given a gift card to Hobby Lobby so I used some of that to buy the 2 items.

I also used some lightweight denim fabric and made it double thickness. I will use that when I am spraying Best Press so my new cover stays clean longer.

The second picture is a work in progress. I started this yesterday morning and struggled to figure out the size. I read how to do it but I couldn’t wrap my head around it. Lol! I think it will work now and I just started to sew some rows (Bottom right) this afternoon. Thank goodness for charts as I needed them to figure out setting and corner triangle sizes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600412[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 09-02-2018 08:52 PM

Your penguin turned out cute, Thimblebug.

Connie, your 9 patch quilt is going to be so bright and pretty. I love that camping fabric for your ironing board.

Cheesehead 09-03-2018 04:36 AM

Such beautiful projects that are getting done this weekend. SBG that sweater is adorable!

cashs_mom 09-03-2018 08:10 AM

Sewbizgirl, I love the sweater with the foxes. That's adorable!

Quilter 53 09-03-2018 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Whoo Hooo!! I finished a WIP that I call "Wonky Strips". It's all made from novelty fabrics that were given to me when a friend and fellow craft fair coworker moved this past spring. Originally, my strips were not coming out square and after much ripping and redoing, I told myself perfection is not all it's cracked up to be.:o So I purposely went wonky after that revelation. I love the results. DH said he'd never be able to use it as it makes him dizzy, but once you are wrapped up in it, you won't notice. I'm sending this back to my friend with a note telling her I'm returning her fabric.[ATTACH=CONFIG]600456[/ATTACH]

Today I'm working on a pinwheel quilt ( I love pinwheels) with white and grays for the background and bright colorful batiks for the pinwheels. Will post again tonight with how much I get done.

Christine- 09-03-2018 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I was going to finish the binding on a quilt but...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600470[/ATTACH]

beckyw 09-03-2018 01:17 PM

The projects getting done are sure great looking. I got my sewing room cleaned, jeaned fixed ,so I can wear them, strawberry jam,and elderberry jelly done. So I don,t think it was a bad weekend. I'm going to a retreat next weekend. I really do quilt sometimes.

petthefabric 09-03-2018 02:31 PM

The projects are looking Good!

I've been getting a project finished that just wasn't coming together in my head. Thanks for the VQW to get me moving on it. It's now pin basted and ready for quilting.

I've tried to post a pix but it just wouldn't upload. I'll see later if DH can make it happen.

Battle Axe 09-03-2018 02:55 PM

Sewbizgirl, Two Grands!!! One lucky lady. Do you know what they are to be? Tell the Moms that you need to know so that you can get the colors correct, or is it purple, green and yellow???

I bet you can't wipe that smile off your face.