Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend January 13-16, 2023 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-january-13-16-2023-a-t319913.html)

Railroadersbrat 01-13-2023 02:08 PM

Hey everyone! Yes, I am in!

Taking part in Karen Brown's Declutter Challenge, we're on day 12 of 21 - so we're on the downhill side. Today, it's notions and other crafts, been waiting for this day as I have three drawers full of bulk items that are taking up valuable real estate and I need a better place to store my fabrics.

I'll be sewing this weekend for certain; I have an idea for a wall hanging organizer for my desk that I'll be working on and at some point, work on my sister's quilt.

Thanks for hosting, Heather!!

rjwilder 01-13-2023 03:25 PM

I’m in now that I know what it is. I’m going to make the Project Bag by Annie. Not quilting but it will be a challenge for me using vinyl and I’ll have something to put my project in for sewing with friends.

petthefabric 01-13-2023 03:55 PM

Goals:
Finish piecing the one on design wall. Forgot name. The rows are done, not sew them together and bet back ready.
BHMQ top complete and. Back ready.
4 hours of quilting something
Make dinner for 2 families at church
make bread.

Dedemac 01-13-2023 05:11 PM

Thanks, Heather I'm in for most of the weekend. Tomorrow we have a family get together in the afternoon. But want to work on 3 ufo's and do some more cleaning in the sewing room.

Dedemac 01-13-2023 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8585006)
I'm in! I'll be at a gallery opening where my quilts are being shown tonight, but tomorrow I plan on working on my Sunflower Illusions quilt. I'm in the process of stitching the curved parts together and it's slow going- definitely trying my patience. I also have a quilt that needs some more quilting added, and another one that's sandwiched and ready to be quilted once I decide what I want to do on it.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone's working on.

Rob

Rob, would love to see pictures and Congratulations on the gallery showing.

Sync 01-13-2023 07:25 PM

Rob, congratulations on having your quilts shown at a gallery. Would love to see some pictures of that.

Sync 01-13-2023 07:30 PM

Heather, thanks for hosting another VQW. My plans for this long weekend are to finish putting the borders on my EPP stars quilt and hopefully getting a Cotton Cuts mystery into a top and ready to quilt.

tallchick 01-14-2023 03:30 AM

I am almost there! I have just 32 more 2.5 x 1.5 Flying Geese to make. My hats off to those that like small pieces! I, am not one of them!

QuiltMom2 01-14-2023 04:53 AM

As soon as I get my machine together, I'm off to a Saturday morning sew-in at church. I've got the blocks for one child quilt and a big scrap project ready to assemble.

stitch678 01-14-2023 06:04 AM

My first virtual weekend quilting 🙂. I have baskets of scraps ready to sort/ cut into 2 or 3 different scrap quilt patterns. Hoping when they're " ready to sew", l may actually work on taming "mount scrapmore".