Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-may-25-29-2017-a-t288519.html)

Boston1954 05-25-2017 04:11 PM

Here I am. I will be getting back to a UFO that has been waiting for me two separate times. I have been working on one machine appliqued block most of today. I am hoping to have a picture by tomorrow.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I am also making a little froggie wall hanging for my sister.

gramajo 05-25-2017 06:04 PM

I have 2 weeks of HSTs to catch up on my temp quilt. Then I'll pull fabric from my stash to make a PP shark for my DGD. She's graduating high school next week and wants to decorate her dorm room around sharks, so I'm making a laundry bag for her and appliqueing the shark to that. Lots and lots of pieces, should be interesting 'cause I'm not a very experienced PPer.

cashs_mom 05-25-2017 06:07 PM

I'm hoping to get the remaining 3 section of my king sized quilt quilted so that I can begin to assemble the quilt and get it done soon!

quiltingshorttimer 05-25-2017 06:18 PM

I'm in! I'd been pushing myself, the DSM & long arm hard all of March, April and until this past week--but made my deadlines. So yesterday I wanted to just mindlessly sew---my guild has a UFO Challenge in Sept, so decided to take the 3 huge bags of strings and sort and make a string quilt. I literally could not reach my Accuquilt GO with the string bags stacked in front! I have the string made into blocks, now to cut the black blocks and then will put them together as big HST. Also tomorrow I plan to do a thorough cleaning and oiling of the long arm and get a customer quilt loaded. We are expecting rain on Sat. so have some yard work for tomorrow too.

Faintly Artistic 05-25-2017 07:47 PM

Hope to finish piecing my Granny Square quilt and get it ready for hand quilting (big stitch). Also want to finish the tutorial I have started on the Tutorials page.

retiredteacher09 05-25-2017 07:48 PM

Thanks for hosting again, Raggiemom!

I will finish my Block of the Week from Amy Gibson's book The Quilt Block Cookbook.

I hope to work on other projects also but my lawn needs to be mowed, mulch spread, etc, so my sewing time may be limited.

Connie

sewbizgirl 05-25-2017 08:59 PM

rryder, LOVE both of your tops. They look more like modern paintings than quilts! That second one is awesome. You have a wonderful 'eye'.

I will sew with you all this weekend! Need to finish up the three little dresses for South America that I started today, and then work on something quilty. I'm still making the 9 patches for the Patches of Life quilt... and hand quilting my embroidery quilt. I really hope I can get that finished in time to enter it in a local show. It will be my first time!

Looking forward to seeing lots of PICTURES!

Kelly_Y 05-25-2017 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll be putting a border on this, then sandwiching and quilting. Then hopefully getting back to one very large, very overdue UFO.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573635[/ATTACH]

117becca 05-26-2017 02:22 AM

Today is the last day of school, so my weekend will be spent starting outside work. Looking forward to being able to sit on a clean porch(if the rain stays away) I do have a couple quilts going..always working on one :D

cherrybsixty 05-26-2017 04:12 AM

My oh my, I've been waiting all week for this thread. Glad to be able to be a part of this for the weekend. Thank you again 'Raggiemom,' for hosting the thread and all the activity that it will create. I plan on DSM quilting two of my charity quilts with the walking foot on my 401A. and cutting the pieces to start a future UFO from a Craftsy pattern that I ordered a couple months ago. I plan for very few interruptions in my process, I rose very early this morning to get a fresh start. I will do pix at the end of the session, cause I always get assistance from GDG with that process.

Rob, once again you have some amazing work going on there, I think both of your pieces are amazing, but I am truly in love with your second project. I can't stop lurking at it, but I must if I want to get anything done for myself.

Happy sewing everyone