Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-may-25-29-2017-a-t288519.html)

ka9sdn 05-26-2017 04:12 AM

I NEED to clean up my studio 1st of all and then go on to cut out and assemble some of my BOM I am behind on.

Dedemac 05-26-2017 04:34 AM

I'm in this weekend! Thought we were going away but turns out DH wants a quiet weekend at home. I'm off work until Tuesday so have lots of time to relax! I will be working on the last 4 memory quilts that I have to hand stitch the binding down and place the patches! Then I think a little cleaning in the sewing room and work on some crumb squares (hate to throw away fabric:p). The garden is mostly in and just some weeding in the strawberry patch to do. So I will clean the patio furniture off and stitch outside! Forgot I also have to mow the flat part of the yard since it finally stopped raining here, DH will mow the hill. Looks like we should have a great weekend in MN, hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend.

Macybaby 05-26-2017 04:51 AM

DH and I are going shopping today - I took the day off work so I could have one day to chase, and still have a nice 3 day weekend to relax. After reading other posts, I recall I've got a UFO I should pull out and work on. It's not real old, but I put it aside after the last VQW and figured I'd ignore it until the next one showed up. It's a paper pieced project and I don't have a lot left of the piecing to do, then I can start sewing the sections together.

sewbizgirl 05-26-2017 05:02 AM

Nice quilt top, Kelly! Thanks for showing it.

Doggramma 05-26-2017 05:57 AM

I'm hoping to spend a lot of time quilting. The top projects are making blocks from the 1,000 block book and Month 3 of a quilt along.

rryder 05-26-2017 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by AVFD215 (Post 7831258)
What is the name of the block in the first quilt. I like it.

Thanks, the individual blocks are made from leftover pieces from a Tessellating pinwheel that I then added leftover 21/2" strips all around.

Rob

kristakz 05-26-2017 06:56 AM

My longarm just threw a 'needle sensor failure', which usually means it needs a little nap. So I'm off to my sewing room to finish up a block of the month (due tomorrow) and maybe get a mystery top put together off my design wall.

Boston1954 05-26-2017 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some of you know that I have been working on and off (mostly off) on a machine appliqued snowman quilt. I have managed to get another block finished this weekend. Everything went well all day Thursday, until I got to the puppy's nose. My satin stitch was fine on everything else, but this piece was downright tiny. I had to take the stitches out, and tried blanket stitch. No dice. I thought I would do it by hand. Thread snapped. Well, I pulled that little piece of fabric off, and drew his nose on with a Magic Marker. My sister, and husband both said it looks just fine. Yeah!

That is three down, and nine to go.
By the way, should I set the ink with the iron?

sewbizgirl 05-26-2017 08:54 AM

That's so cute, Boston. Yes, I'd set the nose ink with heat. Couldn't hurt.

NZquilter 05-26-2017 09:23 AM

Wow, everyone is busy already this weekend! I'll be joining in again too, quilting my Bonnie Hunter MQ and making another set of blocks for the Fall Themed Swap here on the QB.