Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-may-25-29-2017-a-t288519.html)

cherrybsixty 05-26-2017 03:23 PM

Loving everyone's pix of their progress, wish I would learn to transfer or download pix to the site. I did some things done today, I finished two panels on my hand embroidery kit. There is 12 panels of Sunbonnet Sue pre stamped a 'Jack Dempsey,' kit. Been working on it off and on, only have six completed so far. I did do my breakfast dishes and two loads of laundry. The laundry is in the basement and I travel four flights of stairs to get to it. Oh, yea, quilting: I did DSM quilt one of the charity quilts. I did a diagonal crosshatch pattern on an apple green with baby pink 4 square. There is a story on this top but, I won't share now. The second charity will go on the DSM tomorrow. Then I'll pull my Brother Overlock and serge around the edges and then I can really look a almost finished piece. Now I think I'll prop my feet up and embroidery a little more. Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Happy Sewing everyone

tucsonquilter 05-26-2017 03:32 PM

I want to join but I have to get off this laptop in order to see what project I want to do this weekend. LOL too many unfinished projects.

Faintly Artistic 05-26-2017 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Really like your quilt, kele. Bright, happy colors. I am working on a Granny Square...[ATTACH=CONFIG]573670[/ATTACH]
Trying to get out of my muted color rut...

gramajo 05-26-2017 03:37 PM

Faintly Artistic: Glad you got out of your rut. I love the bright colors.

Sync 05-26-2017 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Raggiemom, thanks for hosting another virtual quilting weekend. Since this is Memorial Day weekend, it also means lots of car racing .... F1 Monaco race, the Indy race and Nascar Coke 600 ........ lots of hours to sit and work on my Bountiful Baskets.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573671[/ATTACH]

gramajo 05-26-2017 03:54 PM

Sync: Pretty baskets. I'll be listening to Indy and Coke 400 and sewing. Will be back and forth between the two. It'll be interesting to see how much sewing I really accomplish. :)

Sync 05-26-2017 04:04 PM

gramajo, thanks, once I have these blocks prepped the applique is fairly straight forward and easy to get into a rhythm. It's only when I'm working on the embroidery that I really have to concentrate ....... lol ..... can't concentrate on two things at once.

ube quilting 05-26-2017 04:49 PM

I will be working on a project for the table runner swap/ I am at the quilting stage and will post as I go.

Boston1954 05-26-2017 04:57 PM

It seems like a lot of progress is being made all round. I got another block done this afternoon. I dream about what they will look like when they all come together with sashing to match. It feels good knowing that others are encouraging us.

kristakz 05-26-2017 05:04 PM

I sweet-talked my longarm into behaving this afternoon, and finished 2 customer quilts. Also got my block of the month ready for tomorrow's meeting. Now I'm off to work on my own project for a bit, before I call it a night. Maybe I'll have some pics to share tomorrow.