Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-may-25-29-2017-a-t288519.html)

retiredteacher09 05-26-2017 06:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My first goal of the weekend is completed- Recipe 21 block from Amy Gibson's The Quilt Block Cookbook.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573689[/ATTACH]

Here is my leader/ender project:

giquilt 05-27-2017 02:17 AM

Will sew as able. Busy week end. Yesterday finished binding on this quilt, just in time for a graduation party last night. Tulips from book, Sparkling Strips, with a Tula Pink Jellyroll, grunge background. picture fail to post. Will try again

jmoore 05-27-2017 02:29 AM

You guys are rocking right along in your projects. Unfortunately, it is a work weekend for our family. We will be painting the lodge and picnic tables (in between rain storms) in preparation for our opening clambake season June 17th.

I might be able to take my new Embrodiery Module out of the box on Monday to play with it, since it's supposed to be crappy weather again on Monday.

I'll be watching this thread throughout the weekend to envy everyone's projects.

giquilt 05-27-2017 02:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by giquilt (Post 7832086)
Will sew as able. Busy week end. Yesterday finished binding on this quilt, just in time for a graduation party last night. Tulips from book, Sparkling Strips, with a Tula Pink Jellyroll, grunge background. picture fail to post. Will try again

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573693[/ATTACH]Sorry had to post as a screen shot, Technology��

copycat 05-27-2017 02:53 AM

Working on my Take 5 UFO

1 Attachment(s)
Our guild had a class one Sat. to make the Take 5 quilt pattern in 2010. I was brand new to quilting back then. I made the top as you see in my photo but the colors didn't photograph exactly. Fast forward to 2017! I am ready to quilt it using free motion.

One fabric I used has a bee print so I used it for inspiration on what to quilt on the quilt. I am going to quilt flowers and beehives in the largest squares. I will attach yo-yo's at scattered square intersections for flowers and lastly, I will free-motion loops.

Happy Quilting to all to to all a good time! :)

Watson 05-27-2017 03:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pulled out this queen-sized UFO to work on this weekend, truly a never-ending project it seems. I'll get it done one day.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573695[/ATTACH]

Watson

Sew Freak 05-27-2017 03:55 AM

had to redo my post so I didn't have to submit on all those who put out pics....just want to say I really enjoyed A L L the posted pics, very nice work!!!

rryder 05-27-2017 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Watson (Post 7832125)
Pulled out this queen-sized UFO to work on this weekend, truly a never-ending project it seems. I'll get it done one day.

Watson

LOL I know what you mean about the big ones, Watson! Your quilting is looking really good.

Rob

Reba'squilts 05-27-2017 04:22 AM

I don't know if I can work on my quilt in progress. Just returned from 3 weeks out of town....lots to do! What are the names of the blocks in the pictures? I like both! I see that there are many beautiful quilt on this thread! The blocks I am referring to are the first pictured by raggimom.

Macybaby 05-27-2017 04:24 AM

Nice pictures - you all have been making good progress! I spent the day shopping with DH and it turned out quite different than I expected. I'm going to post about it on a seperate thread - but I'll give you a hint. My birthday and Mothers Day were a day apart this year, and I'll admit I've been a bit mopy about not really getting much . . . Yesterday I wanted to stop in at my LA dealer to pick up thread. They also sell Brother and Babylock machines . . .