Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart Fabric Good News (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-fabric-good-news-t56314.html)

Joanieu 07-28-2010 07:37 AM

I went into our Walmart here in town just last week and guess what - they now have the fabric back - not like it use to be - they are in 2yds, 1 yd packages and they also had some jelly rolls, fqs. I was shocked since they removed the fabric department out. It is by the sewing notions and just pegs on the wall/shelving, I almost missed it. Just wish now I had the extra funds to buy, buy and buy some more. :)

Ladybugnana 07-28-2010 07:42 AM

I just sent an email to Walmart. I hope this does some good!

Ms. Shawn 07-28-2010 08:00 AM

Thank you SOoooooo much for the Wonderful News I hope that they do bring it back in VA!! I will voice my opinion AGAIN to them!!! :!: :!: :!: :thumbup: :thumbup: :XD: :XD: :XD: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ms. Shawn 07-28-2010 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Thanks for the info--our Walmart has NO fabric, not even FQs or pre-cuts. I will send an email and encourage my other quilty friends to do so. Our store isn't that old but underwent a remodel and that's when they eliminated fabric and made it a crafts aisle. I have never seen any one in the crafts aisle!!

Ours TOO!!!

Ms. Shawn 07-28-2010 08:37 AM

Hey! I just called Walmart and this guy answered that sounded like he just got out of bed!! :evil: He was not someone that I would have hired for any kind of customer service! :twisted: Anyway he said he had no record of any fabric being brought back or put in new stores. :evil: So now I am going to try to e-mail. I will let you know what happens. OH I did leave my name and number and hopefully someone will return my call!!!! :hunf: :hunf:

hkakusgps 07-28-2010 08:38 AM

Well, they have taken the fabric completely out of one of our Wal*Marts in Prescott, AZ. I understand they will also remove the fabric from the other Prescott store in the future :-( Happy for you though!

kalady 07-28-2010 09:02 AM

Hoorah! I am voicing my 2 cents right away.

debbieoh 07-28-2010 09:09 AM

Our walmart is closing and they are opening a bigger one on the other side of town.
At first they said they were having fabric. BUT it would be in cut folded lengths. Like 3 yards in each piece.
NOW we are told we will have NO fabric at all. Only fabric store around here is Joanne's and a quilt fabric store . At least Joannes has sales once in awhile but the quilt store don't think so.
I have called and told oh well nothing can be done about it. It costs too much to have fabric because they have to pay someone to stay in the dept to cut it.

Ms. Shawn 07-28-2010 09:26 AM

Hey Again, Just E-mailed walmart twice!! WE have a new Walmart going up in Lynchburg soon!! I will try and find out if they will have Fabric and let everyone know!!

hkakusgps 07-28-2010 09:27 AM

Basically what I had been told. We do have a Hobby Lobby now which does have some fabric. I only buy from JoAnn's when it is on sale!