Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart Fabric Update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-fabric-update-t140930.html)

Yarn or Fabric 07-29-2011 03:10 AM

Oh yay! That sounds so promising!!
I'm on a fabric non buying streak right now... but I am going to be so happy to see it appear again! They always had some really neat stuff :)

Jangalbabe 07-29-2011 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Zhillslady
The 2 Wal-Marts closest to me have never discontinued their fabric but this year both have gotten slightly smaller. The fabrics that were $3.50 & 3.97 are mostly $5.95+ now. The broadcloth they had at 1.97 is $3 and too thin to use as quilt backing. I do look there for my backing but with the LSQ selling 108" wide for $12.99 that usually comes out cheaper. However I will admit I do look everytime I am there. I was glad to see warm and natural batting is half the price per yard of Joann's. Our Joann's here has surpassed the LQS price on a lot of things so I avoid them plus they are a 30-40 minute drive for me. The batiks last week were $12.99 a yard at Joann's and $9.99 & 10.99 at LQS.

What does the LQS stand for Thanks Jan

Jangalbabe 07-29-2011 03:12 AM

The 2 Wal-Marts closest to me have never discontinued their fabric but this year both have gotten slightly smaller. The fabrics that were $3.50 & 3.97 are mostly $5.95+ now. The broadcloth they had at 1.97 is $3 and too thin to use as quilt backing. I do look there for my backing but with the LSQ selling 108" wide for $12.99 that usually comes out cheaper. However I will admit I do look everytime I am there. I was glad to see warm and natural batting is half the price per yard of Joann's. Our Joann's here has surpassed the LQS price on a lot of things so I avoid them plus they are a 30-40 minute drive for me. The batiks last week were $12.99 a yard at Joann's and $9.99 & 10.99 at LQS.

What does the LQS stand for? Thanks Jan

Jangalbabe 07-29-2011 03:14 AM

What does the LQS stand for ? Thanks Jan

char7439 07-29-2011 03:23 AM

LQS is Local Quilt Shop.Char7439

debcavan 07-29-2011 03:30 AM

After Walmart took out fabric, I e-mail them a couple months later. I told them thank you for taking it out. I now didn't make a trip to Walmart each week. I didn't buy things in other departments because I saw them and they were cute. I also said I now had to go to Madison to get my fabric at JoAnns and stopped at Target for my other things since I was there.

They have people who do nothing but think of ways to get you to shop at Walmart, just to get you in the door. So I don't think they were happy to have created a "Target" customer.

Eloise 07-29-2011 03:34 AM

I can't wait for this to become true in Bellefontaine OH! WOW! Currently we have "no where" to buy fabric in this area! Drive to Columbus, Lima, Piqua and etc. but having fabric back in our Wal-Mart would be W O N D E R F U L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smagruder 07-29-2011 03:40 AM

Talked to the one store here where they had lots of fabrics. Called and was told they were remodeling AGAIN around the end of August but fabrics are on their way back! Will wait to see. There is another store close by that has fabric but not a lot of it. Happy Happy Happy

laurafet 07-29-2011 03:42 AM

One of the WalMarts in east Raleigh told me on Tuesday of this week-they have the fabric in the back of the store, but are trying to figure out where to put it on the floor. Get that fabric out here where we can see and buy it!!!

vivoaks 07-29-2011 03:59 AM

I have 2 Wal-Marts within 15 minutes of my house, and so far one has gotten their fabric back, and the other hasn't. Lucky for me, the one that has it already is the one I pass on my way home from work! :thumbup: