Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   We have heard of Over-Achievers BUT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/we-have-heard-over-achievers-but-t102427.html)

mosquitosewgirl 02-23-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

Originally Posted by dutchie
You're NOT ALONE! In my quest for the perfect 1/4" seam, I've begun to pin everything in sight. Saves me from having to fuss with slipping fabric while I'm sewing. My pincushion has become a close personal friend. Heck, I even pinned a bag of chips closed when I couldn't find a clip.

Sue

ROFLMBO

Ditto!

virtualbernie 02-23-2011 02:23 PM

I used to pin all the time. I even sewed over pins--still do. Now not so much because I've gotten impatient with the time it takes to pin and unpin. I think practice over time will help keep seams true.

patricej 02-23-2011 02:31 PM

i buy pins in bulk. what's that tell ya? :lol:

maryb119 02-23-2011 02:40 PM

I'm a pinner, too. I think the more I pin...the less I have to rip it out.

debbieumphress 02-23-2011 02:48 PM

I don't pin any more. I got stuck so many times, I sprang a leak. I use a glue stick. Just a dab on each seam, place other piece on it and press to match seams. And the glue disappears and the seams match. And by some magic, the "excess" if any, works it way in. I have lots of glue sticks hanging around. Even hand them out at retreats.

dutchie 02-23-2011 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I don't pin any more. I got stuck so many times, I sprang a leak. I use a glue stick. Just a dab on each seam, place other piece on it and press to match seams. And the glue disappears and the seams match. And by some magic, the "excess" if any, works it way in. I have lots of glue sticks hanging around. Even hand them out at retreats.

Fabulous idea! I'm going to try it. Thanks!

cheryl rearick 02-23-2011 02:53 PM

hmmm I pin it all :)

dreamer2009 02-23-2011 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

Originally Posted by dutchie
You're NOT ALONE! In my quest for the perfect 1/4" seam, I've begun to pin everything in sight. Saves me from having to fuss with slipping fabric while I'm sewing. My pincushion has become a close personal friend. Heck, I even pinned a bag of chips closed when I couldn't find a clip.

Sue

ROFLMBO

Ditto!

LOL...never thought of pinning the potato chip beg though !!
learn something new everyday:)

dreamer2009 02-23-2011 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i buy pins in bulk. what's that tell ya? :lol:

I have bulk from my former glory days...
glad I kept all that sewing stuff !!

dreamer2009 02-23-2011 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress

but how fast does it take the glue stick to dry ??
want to sew it now.