Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What did you learn today in Quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-did-you-learn-today-quilting-t40725.html)

Ditter43 03-26-2010 08:39 AM

What is a GFG?

Ditter

humbird 03-26-2010 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
What is a GFG?

Ditter

grandmothers flower garden

Rose Marie 03-26-2010 09:29 AM

I learned I dont like working with panels. Trying to get the right pattern and size blocks to put around them is a real challenge. No more make up quilts I am only going to use a quilt pattern for a whole quilt from now on.

Cathie_R 03-26-2010 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gal
What did I learn im quilting today?......That hand quilting is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I drove a two hour round trip to the city today to a new quilting shop which I have just discovered, to be informed they did not stock hand quilting thread!.... I was amazed! No call for it these days the lady behind the counter said, not enough people hand quilt to warrent stocking it!
Am I in the minority then? Guess I must be!

Yes, I know I could have phoned on ahead ........but I had to check out their fabrics didn't I?

Gal

I do about 90% hand quilting. That's why I don't get near the amount of quilts finished as most people. But it is well worth it. Good therapy and when finished they are beautiful. I love the look of the hand quilted ones. Another disapointment is going to a quilt show and not seeing very much hand quilting. I do some machine quilting on small items such as throws that will be used by my grandkids on the floor and wherever else. Would hate to see my hand quilting efforts abused.

watterstide 03-26-2010 09:51 AM

i learned my grandson,jack,who is two, wants to push the start/stop button on my machine..and he is getting to big for grandma to have him in the middle of me and the machine! he likes to get behind the machine and watch the stitches come out the other end..i di fancy stitches for him...

roseOfsharon 03-26-2010 10:17 AM

I learned how to sew two squares into two triangles, lol, that sounds easy eh! lol well it was a first for me actually! really cool though!

watterstide 03-26-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
I learned how to sew two squares into two triangles, lol, that sounds easy eh! lol well it was a first for me actually! really cool though!

GOOD FOR YOU!!
I am proud of you! what is next?!

watson's mom 03-26-2010 11:55 AM

I learned there was a great sale on at a fabric store near me. My friend was right, it was a GREAT sale. LOL

retired teacher 03-26-2010 01:13 PM

Gal, happy stitching trails to us. Try Joanns or Hobby Lobby for quilt thread. Both stores carry a nice selection of colors in my neck of the woods.

redrummy 03-26-2010 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon

I did this and I learned I don't know how to do it right so that I don't lose my points. I made a quilt top, and lost all but one point, but I still like it, and am proud of myself for trying something new. It was my first time doing triangles.