Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do you wear? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-wear-t71938.html)

BATIKQLTR 10-24-2010 06:50 AM

In the winter (as much as we get in California) I wear sweat pants/shirts, and any other time, jeans/twills and a knit top, either long or short sleeved depending on the weather. I have to admit, I have had my cup of tea in the morning in my PJs while looking through patterns for the day.

Sounds like we all agree on this.

Pam B 10-24-2010 06:51 AM

Jeans, sweats, anything comfortable. I do try to remember to change, if I need to run out to the store, or someplace. More than once, I've realized that I am covered with threads and lint! In the summer, I sew barefoot and in the winter I wear those little slipper socks. Cannot stand to wear shoes when I am sewing.

May in Jersey 10-24-2010 07:12 AM

I have what I call my 'house' clothes, mainly old stained and stretched out tee's, sweatshirts and knit pants. Recently realized that's most of what's hanging in my closet so I'm tossing the really ugly and stained stuff. Replacing them with inexpensive black and navy leggings I bought at Walmart, got the largest size I could find so they hang loose. Now I have to find a few XXXL lightweight sweatshirts to make some really nice house outfits, they also serve as pjs. Only thing I need whenever someone comes over is a lint roller to take off all the sewing threads that cling to me. May in Jersery.

KathyAire 10-24-2010 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I wear jeans. Pretty much all the time. Jean capris in the summer with a t-shirt. Long jeans in the winter with a sweatshirt.

That would be my daily uniform, as well. Flip flops in the summer and jock shoes in the winter.

littlehud 10-24-2010 08:21 AM

I wear sweat pants and a sweat shirt in the winter and capris and T shirts in the summer. I want to be comfy at home. Oh....and no bra please.

Swan Song 10-24-2010 08:56 AM

I wear scrubs. Scrubs to work, scrubs to sew. Sometimes a sweatshirt and flannel pj bottoms. I have an extensive pj collection. My family knows they better bury me in comfy clothes or I will haunt them for the rest of their lives!

featherweight 10-24-2010 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I wear sweat pants and a sweat shirt in the winter and capris and T shirts in the summer. I want to be comfy at home. Oh....and no bra please.

OMG!! If I wouldn't wear a bra, I may cut one off with the rotary cutter!!!

Kitsie 10-24-2010 10:52 AM

Usually jammies till lunch time when I have to go put my teeth in anyway to eat!

rickietikki 10-24-2010 11:01 AM

doesn't really matter what you start out in...you will be covered in thread snippetts and tiny pieces of fabric when you're done and have to change before you leave the house anyhow!!! :) I say...be as comfy as possible, it's one less distraction!

BellaBoo 10-24-2010 11:30 AM

If I have no place to be for the day, I wear pull-on long or short pants and tee shirt with sleep bra, comfortable shoes and I may or may not put on a dab of makeup.
If I'm clean and not exposed then no one would criticize my dress for home but one time. 8-)