Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What does the Quilting Police look like? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-does-quilting-police-look-like-t161153.html)

LenaBeena 10-18-2011 06:34 AM

The Quilt Police around here are extremely critical of everything and everybody. They have many disguises ranging from puckery-faced busy bodies, to innocent looking sweeties, to hard-as-nails black dressed meanies. They are sometimes very hard to find, other times they stand out. But the main thing is they are all so unhappy with their own quilting they have to bring others down. So consider them actually complimenting you! What matters is your work, your feeling, your efforts. :)

sweetpea 10-18-2011 06:36 AM

Like the" OLDS ladies "in my quilting group. new you know why I don't go any more.

crafterrn1 10-18-2011 06:58 AM

A witch!! HEHEHE!![/quote]
Now Now not all witches are evil and bad! Remeber Galinda the Good Witch!

doris.meek13088 10-18-2011 07:09 AM

You can be pretty sure that if they smile they are not the quilting police. It is my understanding that their disguises do not go that far.

alapetitechaise 10-18-2011 07:31 AM

I recently heard one say, "Here let me help you, I guess you haven't seen the more updated way to do that". I swear she was clicking her tongue!

sandy l 10-18-2011 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Greenheron

Originally Posted by ube quilting
I know they look over the top of their glasses at about three or four inches from a quilt!

Oh, no! I do that because I want to see the beautiful technique and cannot see fine details with my #@%& bifocals. I swear I am NOT undercover (unless I am the Manchurian quilt police)??

Ditti :!:

lelia 10-18-2011 07:34 AM

Too bad your location is in hiding...I would want to stand clear of those places...

Originally Posted by LenaBeena
The Quilt Police around here are extremely critical of everything and everybody. They have many disguises ranging from puckery-faced busy bodies, to innocent looking sweeties, to hard-as-nails black dressed meanies. They are sometimes very hard to find, other times they stand out. But the main thing is they are all so unhappy with their own quilting they have to bring others down. So consider them actually complimenting you! What matters is your work, your feeling, your efforts. :)

CarrieC 10-18-2011 07:47 AM

HA HA HA - I think Lori has it correct!!!!

Originally Posted by Lori S
Trust me ! You will know .. they come in many forms , but give themselves away pretty quickly!
They typically start with phrases Like : "I would never", or "Is this your first quilt?" or the most obvious "why don't you....."
Or the most offensive "a good quilter would have......"

Jo M 10-18-2011 07:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's one.... :)

Tinabug 10-18-2011 07:58 AM

They all look different. But they all stand very straight and cross their arms and tap one index finger over their pursed lips with thumb on their chin and then they make their NASTY CUTTING REMARKS all in the guise of improving your quilting skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!