Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Was The First Quilt You Made? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-first-quilt-you-made-t67090.html)

Nanjun 09-28-2010 08:49 AM

A very simple 9 patch

jdavis 09-28-2010 08:55 AM

Mine was a Christmas tree skirt. Maybe that doesn't count for some people, but it sure got me hooked!

Favorite Fabrics 09-28-2010 08:55 AM

My first quilt just used 2 1/2" squares from scraps of the clothes that my Mom and I had sewed. I arranged them all on the diagonal, and roughly shaded it from light to dark, grouping similar colors together so that it formed rainbows rather than a checkerboard pattern.

The second quilt was a log cabin. I did several of those!

dunngriffith 09-28-2010 09:16 AM

My first quilts were whatever I could find to put together because I needed something to keep my family warm (9 kids!) No I am working on art quilts. They will still be for the kids even though they are grown and have kids and grandkids of their own.

chamby 09-28-2010 09:24 AM

That was so long ago when I was a young girl that I do not remember.

raedar63 09-28-2010 09:27 AM

quilt in a day log cabin,made it in a weekend KING SIZE!!

It was very far from perfect but it is still being used 20 years later.

Becky Crafts 09-28-2010 10:58 AM

Mine was a Christmas tree skirt. Maybe that doesn't count for some people, but it sure got me hooked!
jdavis

I just finished a reversible quilted tree skirt for a friend & they are a lot of work! It counts to me! :-)

Becky Crafts 09-28-2010 11:11 AM

jdavis

I just finished a reversible quilted tree skirt for a friend & they are a lot of work! It counts to me! :-)

garysgal 09-28-2010 11:20 AM

My first quilt was a BOM at our local Singer store. It was earth tones, and had a chicken block that was 3-D! boy, that was something. The blocks were trees, a house, a chicken, 12 country blocks. I loved that quilt because it was my first one. I don't have it any more because I traded it for an expensive tool for my husband. What can I say? my husband wanted a tool, the owner really wanted the quilt and - I love my husband more than the quilt.

Connie Merritt 09-28-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by moonwolf23

Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
IT was a wall hanging of our flag (abstract sort of) with wavy strips. Actually I saw a picture of this flag and decided to try making it. My friend explained the 9 patch and so I sort of modified it to my mind and there it was (after a few ripppppppppppppppppps outs) I wish I know how to forward a picture cause I really am proud of this.

If you can get it on a digital file, you can upload it to photobucket(a free photo sharing site) and I think you can put it on here. Or if you look a the bottom of where you comment, if you have the digital photo stored on your hard drive you can upload it on here.

If you don't pm me and I'll try to send you to someplace that can help you or go through with you on how to do it.

Thanks, I am going to try your instructions this weekend; I want to add some pictures to my folder so I can send more than one. I really appreciate your help.
Connie