Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What happened to Liz Porter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-happened-liz-porter-t50810.html)

Kkimberlee 06-29-2011 02:06 PM

I have to say that as a 'newer' quilter that I can really relate to Mary more, closer in age/less experienced, etc. I would think that it would be just fine for Liz to retire after all the time and work she has put into F&P.

Beachbound 06-29-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by annette1952

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
I don't know what is up with Liz but I did notice something else surprising. The show comes on here at 6:00a.m. on saturday morning so I don't always get to see it. On a recent show they introduced their new sponsor as "Baby Lock"? I was amazed or maybe I was seeing things. Anyone else see that episode?

Do you know what station it comes on? Since I moved & have a different sattelite I can't ever find them.

I get it on BYUTV..it's older, the 1500 series but I'll take it!

SmickChick 06-29-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I almost always fell asleep during the very few of their shows that I managed to remember to turn on the TV for.

I know what you mean. I much prefer the shows where the hosts go so fast it's sometimes difficult to keep up. Those that are sleepers...tsk, tsk...

Lyncat 06-29-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
So, does that mean Nancy Zieman will switch from Baby Lock to Bernina??? And what about the F&P ads for the APQS machines?

Wasn't Nancy sponsored by Pfaff before she switched to Babylock?

luce321 06-29-2011 04:40 PM

I have been wondering what happened to Liz too. Just recently our station that carried it is not going to anymore. They have another sewing show in its place.

auntpiggylpn 06-29-2011 04:52 PM

I am a fan of their face book page and Marianne posted that Liz had been in town and they were glad to see her. Marianne said that it looked like her (Liz) was playing lots of golf and enjoying her retirement. I believe it said she was in Texas... I do not care for Mary the daughter on the show, in fact I have pretty much stopped watching it because of her.

nuf4wes 03-16-2012 07:54 PM

Fons and Porter Love of Quilting

I watch all the shows I can. YES, I do miss Liz, but I think that Mary is growing into the show. It's more basic than the other shows I used to watch with Liz and Marianne.

It is interesting that Bernina dropped support of the program just as Liz "retired." Babylock stepped in, and I do like that machine as well. I never thought that Liz and Marianne were totally comfortable with the new Bernina 830. They hardly used the built in dual feed foot which would be essential for perfect piecing. Marianne and Mary seem more comfortable with Babylock. They are also getting more support from Babylock educator Pam Mashee too.

Another interesting note: Liz Porter has three video classes on quilting (quiltclassroom.com) and she's using a BERNINA! Very interesting.

nuf

clsurz 03-17-2012 04:14 AM

OK the show is not on this morning on PBS has always been for a long time 8 a.m. EST. Did they remove from there?

117becca 03-17-2012 04:21 AM

It wasn't on last week either :( It has thrown a monkey wrench into my Sat morning routine!! LOL!!

mltquilt 03-17-2012 04:41 AM

I live in the DFW area and our PBS station does not even carry this show. They have Sewing with Nancy and another sewing show that isn't really quilt related at all and that gets replaced by various seminar series all the time. I get Eleanor Burns on RFD station.

mltquilt