Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What happened to Liz Porter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-happened-liz-porter-t50810.html)

Kappy 05-31-2011 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by cny_sewer39
Liz Porter has retired and moved to Austin, Texas. She was a speaker at a quilt guild meeting ours in April(Wildflower Quilt Guild). I was able to meet her in person & get her autograph. She had said that she retired when they sold the Fons & Porter franchise in 2006. They told Liz & Marianne that they had to work for 3 years (I believe)after the sale. She was so nice. She is the first famous person that I have ever met.

;)debra;)

Is there anyway of getting in touch with her, such a an e-mail address and that way we could send her our good wishes for her continued success. Maybe your guild has one, being she has spoken there?

cny_sewer39 05-31-2011 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy

Originally Posted by cny_sewer39
Liz Porter has retired and moved to Austin, Texas. She was a speaker at a quilt guild meeting ours in April(Wildflower Quilt Guild). I was able to meet her in person & get her autograph. She had said that she retired when they sold the Fons & Porter franchise in 2006. They told Liz & Marianne that they had to work for 3 years (I believe)after the sale. She was so nice. She is the first famous person that I have ever met.

;)debra;)

Hello.

I don't know if we do or not. I am going to be a brand new member, and I am still trying to keep all of the names straight.

debra

Is there anyway of getting in touch with her, such a an e-mail address and that way we could send her our good wishes for her continued success. Maybe your guild has one, being she has spoken there?

lapinmore 06-27-2011 08:20 AM

I 've been missing Liz- a LOT! Her personality is so much Lighter than Maryann's (or Mary's, who seems a very nice girl). Is she ill? Dead? Resting up? Just tired of being on TV? I wish her well, no matter, and hope she is CAN come back. Lapin

Ripped on Scotch 06-27-2011 10:19 AM

She retired... its been almost a year now I believe.

lewisdsj13868 06-27-2011 11:16 AM

I heard that she retired for a while

IreneCM 06-28-2011 05:57 AM

Thank you so much for your comment. I guess I'm like "Doubting Thomas" if I don't hear it from the person or someone who is an eye witness, I have trouble believing. Ok, so she retired, whatever the reason and they sold the franchise. But I really, truly wish we could tell her how much she has meant to us!

Kappy 06-28-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by IreneCM
Thank you so much for your comment. I guess I'm like "Doubting Thomas" if I don't hear it from the person or someone who is an eye witness, I have trouble believing. Ok, so she retired, whatever the reason and they sold the franchise. But I really, truly wish we could tell her how much she has meant to us!

Yes, I wish we could. Do you suppose if we e-mailed Fons & Porter that they would forward the e-mails to her? Just wondering?

IreneCM 06-29-2011 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kappy

Originally Posted by IreneCM

Yes, I wish we could. Do you suppose if we e-mailed Fons & Porter that they would forward the e-mails to her? Just wondering?

Why not? Great Idea! Must have a "Contact Us" on there website somewhere.

Dodee 06-29-2011 02:01 PM

I think one lives in Colorado and one in Texas, or has that always been the case.

Dodee 06-29-2011 02:05 PM

Maybe we can pass one around (e-mail telling her how much we miss her) and then forward it when it hits a certain number or something.