Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what kind of fabrics do you buy the most. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-kind-fabrics-do-you-buy-most-t79188.html)

cizzors 11-28-2010 07:07 AM

Can't bring myself to use a solid so TOT with my prints.

AnneT 11-28-2010 07:19 AM

First of all, I have to admit that I try to learn from my mistakes I made in the past. I was an avid scrapbooker, and buying just the latest and greatest supplies was part of the fun. I ended up with a huge amount of stuff I'll probably never use up, which doesn't make me feel good.

With this experience in mind, I try to avoid spontaneous purchases of fabric just b/c I like the fabric. If I did, I probably had to buy more storage furniture and my sewing area would be full. No good feeling at all to me.
Therefor I try just to buy the amount of fabric I need for my quilting project in mind. As I don't want to run short, there are always some left-overs, but not a huge amount of it. Now I ended up buying some yards of Kona cotton in snow white to make a scrap quilt with it and my "left overs". To give an answer to the question: There is no special kind of fabric I buy the most but just what I want to work with for the next quilt. Does this make sense?

Borntohandquilt 11-28-2010 07:28 AM

I still buy lots of solids in all colors (except black) and flower prints.

JulieM 11-28-2010 07:39 AM

Cheryl, I do the samething as you, I stick with the collection.

prairiequeen 11-28-2010 07:43 AM

Fabric is like chocolate it is all good!

RkayD 11-28-2010 08:05 AM

Honestly...I thought I had a GREAT stash..an assortment of everything. UNTIL I went to make a quilt for a guy. All my stuff is mostly girly. I got quite a kick out of that actually..does that I mean I get to buy more?? =)

Connie in CO 11-28-2010 08:07 AM

Boy,i like it all.It's nice to have the collections.

yetta 11-28-2010 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by AnneT
First of all, I have to admit that I try to learn from my mistakes I made in the past. I was an avid scrapbooker, and buying just the latest and greatest supplies was part of the fun. I ended up with a huge amount of stuff I'll probably never use up, which doesn't make me feel good.

With this experience in mind, I try to avoid spontaneous purchases of fabric just b/c I like the fabric. If I did, I probably had to buy more storage furniture and my sewing area would be full. No good feeling at all to me.
Therefor I try just to buy the amount of fabric I need for my quilting project in mind. As I don't want to run short, there are always some left-overs, but not a huge amount of it. Now I ended up buying some yards of Kona cotton in snow white to make a scrap quilt with it and my "left overs". To give an answer to the question: There is no special kind of fabric I buy the most but just what I want to work with for the next quilt. Does this make sense?

sure does...

Colorful Quilter 11-28-2010 08:22 AM

I buy a lot of black, bright colors and a lot of fat quarters to use for my scrappy quilts

amma 11-28-2010 09:20 AM

Batiks are my downfall... others that call my name get brought home too :D:D:D