Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What a Mess! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-mess-t274854.html)

madamekelly 01-24-2016 12:15 PM

I feel your pain. I had a room just to store fabric in, until just before Christmas when a dear friend ended up homeless through no fault of hers, and I moved her and her family in. I had to move out cabinets, dressers, shelves, etc. to make room for the adults, and empty the office for the little girls. I have not seen my sewing machine since. Several projects are begging to be finished, I can hear them calling for help! Lol!

Bren 01-24-2016 12:42 PM

MadameKelly you are incredibly kind-hearted!!! My sewing room is the guest bedroom and I'm not sure I could do what you did. We have a large walk-in closet nearby in the hall where I keep my stash and quilting stuff. It's used just for that and keeps my stuff behind closed doors except for my machines which live in the sewing/guest room.

IBQUILTIN 01-24-2016 12:52 PM

I have plenty of room. A little snow and ice, but bring 'em on

mojo11 01-24-2016 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 7442340)
That's the whole point of claiming the spare room as a sewing room. Guests needs to stay in a hotel.

I agree with you. No room at the house!

Pennyhal 01-24-2016 01:41 PM

Naw. We build a guest room onto the house.

madamekelly 01-24-2016 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bren (Post 7444265)
MadameKelly you are incredibly kind-hearted!!! My sewing room is the guest bedroom and I'm not sure I could do what you did. We have a large walk-in closet nearby in the hall where I keep my stash and quilting stuff. It's used just for that and keeps my stuff behind closed doors except for my machines which live in the sewing/guest room.

This is a girl who grew up with my DDs and was very helpful as I recovered from my stroke years ago. I consider it a pay it forward return, and don't mind because I love her as one of my own.

CarolinePaj 01-24-2016 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by krafty14 (Post 7442294)
Ha ha ha ha ha!

Love it!

That was exactly my thought too! DH says that I have the room so full that when I sit it it I am like a WWII fighter pilot in the cockpit of a spitfire!!!!

Good luck getting the room ready for your guest.

Hugs

Caroline

Stitchnripper 01-24-2016 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 7444241)
I feel your pain. I had a room just to store fabric in, until just before Christmas when a dear friend ended up homeless through no fault of hers, and I moved her and her family in. I had to move out cabinets, dressers, shelves, etc. to make room for the adults, and empty the office for the little girls. I have not seen my sewing machine since. Several projects are begging to be finished, I can hear them calling for help! Lol!

Madamekelly - I would have done the same thing. She and her family are humans. UFOs aren't.

Jingle 01-24-2016 03:23 PM

Lucky me I don't have anyone to come and visit and I like it that way. No room in my small home.

GrammieJan 01-24-2016 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN (Post 7444277)
I have plenty of room. A little snow and ice, but bring 'em on

I have plenty of room too, and yet I sleep in the sewing room in a twin bed! 😀 When hubby was ill and eventually in hospice care, I bought the twin bed for him to be near to me (nearby kitchen). Then when it became necessary for me to sleep in same room with him, hospice provided a hospital bed for him and I began using the twin bed. Had to move sewing tables to garage and other sewing stash to another room in house, but at least I was able to be nearby to him until he passed. After that, I just stayed put in the twin bed. So, long story short, I now have 2 empty bedrooms. I do have overnight relatives occasionally, but live alone otherwise. When my relatives come to visit, I want them here, so we can truly visit!