Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the prettiest quilt pattern you've ever made? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-prettiest-quilt-pattern-youve-ever-made-t54820.html)

Marge L. 07-18-2010 11:53 AM

F

Originally Posted by raptureready
I like the one in my avy.

For some time I've been wondering the name of your quilt. I really like it and would like to find the pattern. THANKS

Gabbystabber 07-18-2010 12:38 PM

Whatever quilt I am making at the moment.

quilt3311 07-18-2010 02:07 PM

My favorite is usually the one I just completed. grin

Carol's Quilts 07-18-2010 03:39 PM

The Country Bride Quilt, totally hand appliqued and hand quilted - took me 14 months (I was employed full time, so could only work on the quilt in the evenings and weekends, which I did endlessly - I hardly ate, hardly slept).

The book/pattern is The Country Bride Quilt by Craig N. Heisey and Rachel T. Pellman, developed for the Old Country Store in Intercourse, PA (yes, that's correct) at the request of Bride's Magazine. They also developed The Country Tulip Path Quilt and The Country Basket Quilt. The patterns for these are in the same book. The originals of these quilts were quilted by the Lancaster County (PA) Amish and Mennonite women.

You can see a picture of the book on Amazon and other websites (just Google it) - I haven't been able to find a picture of the full quilt, but some websites have good pictures of the book cover showing a little more detail. I made mine exactly like the book cover, same colors. It was a wedding gift for my niece. This was about 20 years ago.

The book is now out of print, but is available on the internet.

Catlady 07-18-2010 03:42 PM

An origami flower quilt with some sashiko stitching on each
square.

Annz 07-18-2010 03:55 PM

I'm working on a storm at sea with my own fabric design as I didn't buy enough when I first decided to make the quilt.

Dee Dee 07-18-2010 04:30 PM

I am so impressed. You are obviously more creative than I am.

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I don't do well with patterns, I just use the general idea and put my own twist on it. But I do love stripe quilts.

Dee Dee 07-18-2010 04:32 PM

Oh my goodness! Those are beautiful. I can see why they are your favorites.

[quote=cabinqltr]

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
Please tell the name of it and where you found it --Packaged quilt pattern or name of the book.

These are mine, #1 Quilts without Corners by Cheryl Phillips
I added cormers and made it bed size. Book

#2 California Nites by Derek Lockwood
Mine is a WIP , the applique blocks are done and the big star in middle is half done. Pkg quilt pattern

Dee Dee 07-18-2010 04:36 PM

It looks too good to be easy.

Originally Posted by catrancher
The "Winning Hand" quilt I made for my son. It's the easier version of the "card trick" block. His was made with a black solid background and the colors really popped.

Dee Dee 07-18-2010 04:37 PM

I love the look of the Storm at Sea pattern. It's on my "to do" list of quilts to make one day.

Originally Posted by Annz
I'm working on a storm at sea with my own fabric design as I didn't buy enough when I first decided to make the quilt.