Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the prettiest quilt pattern you've ever made? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-prettiest-quilt-pattern-youve-ever-made-t54820.html)

Dee Dee 07-18-2010 04:42 PM

I'm sure that quilt is a work of art and hopefully your niece treasures it. I can see why it took so long to make. It is absolutely stunning.

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
The Country Bride Quilt, totally hand appliqued and hand quilted - took me 14 months (I was employed full time, so could only work on the quilt in the evenings and weekends, which I did endlessly - I hardly ate, hardly slept).

The book/pattern is The Country Bride Quilt by Craig N. Heisey and Rachel T. Pellman, developed for the Old Country Store in Intercourse, PA (yes, that's correct) at the request of Bride's Magazine. They also developed The Country Tulip Path Quilt and The Country Basket Quilt. The patterns for these are in the same book. The originals of these quilts were quilted by the Lancaster County (PA) Amish and Mennonite women.

You can see a picture of the book on Amazon and other websites (just Google it) - I haven't been able to find a picture of the full quilt, but some websites have good pictures of the book cover showing a little more detail. I made mine exactly like the book cover, same colors. It was a wedding gift for my niece. This was about 20 years ago.

The book is now out of print, but is available on the internet.

hawaiilove 07-18-2010 07:28 PM

Hi rapture:

Can you please tell me what the name of your avatar pattern that you used - it is stunning and I absolutely love your color choices. :thumbup:

Annya 07-18-2010 07:28 PM

the best quilt I made had 17 blocks of birds and flowers on it for my mum. It was my first all needle turn applique and hand quilting. The block I chose had budgies and flowers. I can send you a copy of the full quilt if you like and I still have the patterns here. But it really depends whether you are into that type of quilting.

sylvia77 07-20-2010 07:13 AM

I love Mariner's compasses quilts!

Scissor Queen 07-20-2010 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd have to say the "My Secret Garden" quilt is one of the prettiest I've made. So far. I have two BOM quilts in progress that are going to be just gorgeous too.

It's not finished in the picture. I haven't taken pictures of it since it's been finished and right now my camera battery is dead and I don't know where the charger is.

Ardelle Coult 07-20-2010 07:47 AM

I have two favorites. One is called Transitions from Cozy Quilt and made with Hoffman Bali Pops. The other is a Laurel Burch pattern that I got free from Clothworks. Its the ones with the dogs and I did it in bright colors and a hot pink border--it was for a granddaughter.

Bustertruster 07-20-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by schwanton
Usually it is the one I am working on. My favorite baby quilt was finished last fall. I am saving it for my first grandchild! (I hope it's a girl!)

Thats a beauty!!!

knlsmith 07-20-2010 08:44 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34378-1.htm

Link above shows My favorite I have done. Only one so far. Now I am working on a Storm at Sea in between small projects. I am liking it a lot too.

Carol's Quilts 07-20-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
I'm sure that quilt is a work of art and hopefully your niece treasures it. I can see why it took so long to make. It is absolutely stunning.

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
The Country Bride Quilt, totally hand appliqued and hand quilted - took me 14 months (I was employed full time, so could only work on the quilt in the evenings and weekends, which I did endlessly - I hardly ate, hardly slept).

The book/pattern is The Country Bride Quilt by Craig N. Heisey and Rachel T. Pellman, developed for the Old Country Store in Intercourse, PA (yes, that's correct) at the request of Bride's Magazine. They also developed The Country Tulip Path Quilt and The Country Basket Quilt. The patterns for these are in the same book. The originals of these quilts were quilted by the Lancaster County (PA) Amish and Mennonite women.

You can see a picture of the book on Amazon and other websites (just Google it) - I haven't been able to find a picture of the full quilt, but some websites have good pictures of the book cover showing a little more detail. I made mine exactly like the book cover, same colors. It was a wedding gift for my niece. This was about 20 years ago.

The book is now out of print, but is available on the internet.

Thank you!

Dee 07-20-2010 08:46 PM

My hex quilt I'm working on.