Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting book have you added to your library recently? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-book-have-you-added-your-library-recently-t49179.html)

Evy 06-13-2010 01:07 PM

I just bought Bonnie Hunter's "Leaders and Enders" book. Fantastic ideas. I've used a "leader for years but not in the way she does. Now I'm making myself use leaders and enders all the time. Great quilt patterns also.

Rose Marie 06-13-2010 02:02 PM

I buy quilting books thru Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller Co.
PO Box 15 Falls Village, CT. 06031-0015
Shipping is 3.50 per order so order lots of books at a time.
Write for a catalog. He has all kinds of books and once you order a quilting book he will send a catalog with just needle work books in it. I have bought alot of books for as little as 2.99 and I wont spend over 5 dollars for any books.

bstanbro 06-13-2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
I buy quilting books thru Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller Co.
PO Box 15 Falls Village, CT. 06031-0015
Shipping is 3.50 per order so order lots of books at a time.
Write for a catalog. He has all kinds of books and once you order a quilting book he will send a catalog with just needle work books in it. I have bought alot of books for as little as 2.99 and I wont spend over 5 dollars for any books.

Good tip. I just ordered their catalog online.

GailG 06-13-2010 02:25 PM

A couple of MONTHS ago I purchased Turning Twenty by Tricia Cribbs and Turning Twenty...Again by TC. Haven't gotten to "do" anything with them except drool and dream. This afternoon I inherited loads of supplies from my deceased aunt who was a cake decorator and flower artist. OMGsh, when will I ever have the time to get to THAT? One of these days.................

Shiloh 06-13-2010 03:28 PM

I love The Quilter's Edge. I bought it a few years ago. I catalogued all of my books in an Excel spreadsheet. One sheet is strictly quilt books. I have a number of columns. One is Title, Next is Author, and then the next 3 columns are "key words" for finding something specific as I have over 100 books. When in a spreadsheet, you can sort by any column and thus find what you want quickly. One day, when I retire, I would like to do this with my ton of magazines. Will I ever live long enough?? sigh.

Originally Posted by spark
I have been reading all the posts and enjoying the tips and ideas for a few years, and have not had anything to contribute until now. I just purchased Happy Endings by Mimi Dietrich and The Quilter's Edge by Darlene Zimmerman. I had been checking out The Quilter's Edge from the library from time to time, and I thought it was time to just own it. It is a great book.

kacy 49 06-13-2010 03:47 PM

I love this book. Linda is such an amazing quilter.

marla 06-13-2010 03:53 PM

Hey Bev. I second that on Precision Piecing by Sally Collins. I refer to this all the time. I would like tochalenge myself to one of her quilts in the book.

Bev 06-13-2010 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by marla
Hey Bev. I second that on Precision Piecing by Sally Collins. I refer to this all the time. I would like tochalenge myself to one of her quilts in the book.

Exactly what I'm planning on doing as soon as I've finished going over the entire book. There's a lot to learn here, even for a long time quilter.

8-)

brushandthimble 06-13-2010 05:42 PM

I like the idea of making an excel spreadsheet. If I can stay off the board long enough I might even get it started. LOL

Bernice H in Calif 06-13-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by eightylady
can anyone tell me if there are books only for charm packs or 1 for jelly rolls, etc.?

Yes, I strip therapy for Jelly Rolls and any other strips you may have. Also Loose Change by Claudia Plett is great for charm squares and fat quarters.