Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-do-t171359.html)

Annaquilts 12-08-2011 01:46 PM

Give it and tell him you had already made it all from your stash so it cost nothing but love and time. Besides you can both snuggle under it.

hannajo 12-08-2011 04:51 PM

You could always give it to him "just because." That will save you from having to wrap it.

KerryK 12-08-2011 05:26 PM

I do think you should give it to him. It was made for him, and he is the one who should receive it. Probably the opportunity will present itself that will be the perfect time, and you will know when that is. If all else fails, schedule a time for you both to watch a meaningful Christmas movie, and tell him you want to sit with him on the sofa and snuggle. Then grab the quilt to cover you both. Ask him if he likes your newest creation, and then tell him that you really made it for him, but that you intend to share it with him.

Crqltr 12-08-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady (Post 4762727)
I like your way of thinking! That's what I would do if it was me.

I agree that a new years gift would be best. If it is agreed no gifts by both it should be honored. If not the guilt and bad feelings could taint the whole day.

Cheshirecatquilter 12-08-2011 05:35 PM

Give him the quilt. The physical aspect of the quilt is not so expensive -- it's the time and love you put into it. If he wants to reciprocate , suggest the "coupon" approach so he can also give you time and love. For instance, he could cook supper one night when you are really into your quilting and want to be freed up from the interruption. Oh, and take every chance you get to cuddle under his quilt together.

QandE2010 12-08-2011 05:44 PM

I agree with Joyce 888. ""tell him "let's make a deal that we each will make something for the other"".

BrendaK 12-08-2011 05:51 PM

I haven't read all the responses so if I am repeating what someone else said sorry. But why can't the quilt be for both of you. If you both sleep in the same bed wouldn't part of the quilt be on your side of the bed. You both will get use out of it.You could wrap it and put it under the tree to both of you. BrendaK

Sheila_H 12-08-2011 06:00 PM

I would lay it out under the tree with a note from Santa to the both of you, I think were all feeling the pinch this Christmas, I've gone back to making things for people that I know will appreciate it. I think he will love the fact that you made it and placed it under the tree for both of you. Christmas is supposed to be about love of our family not about how many presents are under the tree.

virtualbernie 12-08-2011 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by annthreecats (Post 4762535)
Don't give him the quilt. He's not giving you a Christmas gift.

:D Funny!!!!!!!!!!

EmbQuilt 12-08-2011 06:43 PM

It was made love then it should be gifted with love. I say on Christmas morning. Then think of a small project (like for me putting up my cork and dry erase board) for him to do for you, in case he feels the need to do something.