Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What would be your perfect sewing day? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-your-perfect-sewing-day-t201800.html)

barny 09-29-2012 08:34 AM

Oh Julie, I'm in the same boat. He's down I'm up.ha. He yells-----I mean he tells the ump what to call too.

LAQUITA 09-29-2012 10:35 AM

I think my 'perfect sewing/quilting day' would be the best of everyones quilt day! LOL
As it goes, today is the perfect day, it's overcast, rainy and just the perfect day to be inside......quilting all day. :)

Pat625 09-29-2012 12:34 PM

Here it is 4:30 in the afternoon and I have been hand quilting all day in peace and quiet..Made coffee and breakfast, and other than that been working away..Of course it seems thw quilt gets bigger as the day goes on, but I am sure the end is in sight somewhere!! Have other projects to get to, but going to try to finish this quilt first!! Well, back to quilting I go..the kids are making dinner so I can continue uninterrupted!! Hoping your day is as productive

tezell0801 09-29-2012 01:12 PM

I just had a couple of perfect sewing days. I took my sewing machine with me to the beach. I got up early - had coffee and a small breakfast. Then to the beach for a few hours of reading. Then time to sew. I would sew and watch tv until I was sleepy. Best vacation ever! Wish I could have stayed 2 weeks. My dh could only stay 3 days, then it was just me myself and I. What a good time I had.

GrannieAnnie 09-29-2012 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 5548909)
As I am sitting here this morning drinking my coffee and lurking on the board here, thinking of all the things I need to catch up on for the weekend, I thought it would be nice to have a perfect sewing day. Daydreaming about finishing some of my UFO's that linger patiently. Then I got to thinking what is a perfect sewing day?

A perfect sewing day for me, starting early with my coffee and staying in my jammies til the mood hits me to get dressed. If it does. No laundry, no cooking, no nothing, maybe a nap to refresh my energy. House to myself, unless my quilter friend comes by. Always happy about that. Staying up real late playing in my sroom and then doing it all over again the next day! Might even have a few minutes to pick up, clean up and sort thru some things, find some things that I couldn't before. Projects being completed by the piles (dreaming there for sure).

so what is your perfect day? How often do you have it?

a day my back didn't start aching within a couple hours. Will never happen. Well, not as long as I don't find a stash of magic pain pills.

Dolphyngyrl 09-29-2012 06:05 PM

No baby, no hubby,no work, no interruptions

lynnie 09-29-2012 07:32 PM

Maybe ill come over, ill bring tea, sincce thats what i dri k

patsynel 09-29-2012 07:55 PM

Today was an almost perfect sewing day. A rainy day, husband was watching TV and I was in my sewing room finishing up some projects. Got a baby quilt cut out and hope to start on it tomorrow. Sister from Texas called and we chatted for about an hour. Good day!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma Peg 09-29-2012 08:02 PM

Having time just to finish a project and start a new one without interruptions.

vanginney 09-29-2012 10:27 PM

Perfect sewing nite would include a glass of wine, although sometimes I have to get the seam ripper out. Don't really sew day time. I work full time and wait til the kids are sound asleep and my DH is engrossed in his computer game called 'battlefield'. We are in two separate zones! And it works.