Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you adding to your stash these days? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-adding-your-stash-these-days-t68216.html)

Edie 10-06-2010 02:51 AM

Every time I go to JoAnn's, Hancock's or our local quilt shop, like yesterday, I buy a fat quarter of this or a 1/4 or 1/2 yard of that. Our quilt shop is having their big sale and I got some fabric that was 70% off plus another 20% off. Spent $15.00 and got a fat quarter, a yard of this, two yards of that and a leather thimble (hand quilting). Did pretty darn good! Had a ball too. If something grabs my eyeballs, that's it! I love batik and I love multi colored tonals and I love the prints, oh, heck, if it feels like cotton, it must be cotton and I gotta get it! Edie

judylg 10-06-2010 02:56 AM

I am always on the lookout for good browns and off whites, to blend into quilts. I love the browns, but then I like the rest of the colors too.

finch 10-06-2010 03:11 AM

Lately I have been adding solids.Also novelty fabrics.

quilt3311 10-06-2010 03:15 AM

Mostly sale table unless I need a particular color for a project. Hit a batik fat quarter sale for $1 recently so I confess, blew a $20 real quick. But do have a project in mind to use them in. Mostly try to use stash.

Moon Holiday 10-06-2010 03:16 AM

Funny you should ask because while cleaning out/organizing my sewing room recently I discovered how my taste in fabric has evolved over the years. Right now I find myself transitioning from colorful batiks and geometrics to being seduced by civil war/1800s reproduction fabrics. My GGD is thrilled at my discovery because she was the recipient of a couple of huge boxes of fabric I am no longer smitten with, but fabric which she has recently developed a crush on.

Connie Merritt 10-06-2010 05:37 AM

Holidays are soon here, SSN $ not working. No buying for me. Yep, Fabric diet; good description.

Rann 10-06-2010 05:48 AM

Yesterday, I looked around and realized how much fabric I have (way too much). I went crazy over Kaffe Fassett and bought piles of it on ebay. I decided that this weekend I will sort it and see what I do have (no idea). Unless there is something I need for backing or binding I am on a fabric diet. I even managed to go to HL a couple of weeks ago and did not let my eyes wander to the fabric. Note: I live less than a mile from HL.

lillybeck 10-06-2010 06:18 AM

I am not adding to stash just trying to get material to finish things I have started.

Latrinka 10-06-2010 06:44 AM

Everything I can get my hands on! No really, I Buy some fabrics just bc I like em, right now have 2 tops done and fixin to quilt them. Have bought fabric for several other projects that even I dont' know are!!!

quiltingaz 10-06-2010 06:52 AM

Mostly on a stash diet but if I add anything it will be batik. I just love the feel and colors