Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you stitching this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-stitching-weekend-t162459.html)

gramquilter2 10-23-2011 08:57 AM

I am baking, on the board, and working on my GFG wall hanging. Hope everyone has a great week-end.

Annie68 10-23-2011 09:25 AM

I'm machine quilting a solid brights, split rail fence, twin size. I'm about to start the border now, need a bit of a rest,therefore here I am!

GGJudy 10-23-2011 09:35 AM

I am finally to the applique stage of a color wash wall hanging with beautiful echinacea growing and reaching for the light. I got the pattern from Keepsake quilting.

I'm also working on wine gift bags and wine cozies that were featured on Connecting threads. I have four sons and they and their wives all enjoy a good glass of wine every now and then. I thought these would make really nice gifts (along with a bottle of wine in the gift bag of course).

BettyGee 10-23-2011 10:02 AM

Working on my USMC quilt that I am making for my BIL. My DH has been such a great help on designing this quilt. It started using a Churn Dash block and has morphed into so much more. I now have to applique an American flag and seven USMC seals to each section. Must admit it is going to look fantastic, but as I'm fusing the applique pieces on the blocks I'm thinking of the time it takes to add the decorative stitching around each piece. Whine, whine and truth be told I'm loving every minute of it. So instead of sitting here at the computer I'm going to get my body down to my sewing machine and do some serious work.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead!

Becky Crafts 10-23-2011 10:43 AM

I just finished three traveling checkers games and am trying to start a table runner, but not having the fat qtrs the pattern calls for am trying to figure out if the scraps of this perfect for the top fabric will be sufficient to get it done. My brain is tired now & I'm taking a break! Will try again after supper or a nap whichever comes first!

madamekelly 10-23-2011 11:21 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I am currently working out a challenge I set for myself, to turn a cross stitch pattern into a quilt. I have it stitched, but I will never again use that iron on stuff with the squares marked off. It left a black nasty residue all over my new sewing machine! Poor "Pearl" has black smut all over her face! I have no idea how to remove it! :twisted: :shock:

sorry the picture is sideways.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]275956[/ATTACH]

Any ideas how to get this ick off of Pearl's face?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]275957[/ATTACH]

This is the chart I used. I added to it, and altered it, but it is nearly the same.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]275961[/ATTACH]

nannyrick 10-23-2011 01:23 PM

I am working on a black and white bed runner for my GD.
This is one of five that I,m working on for the girls. I still have to get them quilted tho.

kathyd 10-23-2011 01:34 PM

Spent Saturday babysitting 2 yr old granddaughter - no sewing.
Sunday spent sitting with 103 yr old grandma. She slept so I got lots of hexies basted.

klarina 10-23-2011 01:37 PM

making small bags to put treats in, for an Advent Calendar for my daughter.

klarina 10-23-2011 01:39 PM

I have always wanted to turn a cross stitch pattern into a quilt.

What are you going to do with this awesome rose?

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I am currently working out a challenge I set for myself, to turn a cross stitch pattern into a quilt. I have it stitched, but I will never again use that iron on stuff with the squares marked off. It left a black nasty residue all over my new sewing machine! Poor "Pearl" has black smut all over her face! I have no idea how to remove it! :twisted: :shock: