Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you stitching this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-stitching-weekend-t162459.html)

laalaaquilter 10-23-2011 03:23 PM

Making a bunch of 'Just One Star' blocks to make a QOV. I made twelve thinking that would do it but it looks like I need 3 more (I'm going to set them on point) in order to make it the right size to be eligible.

BCaplette 10-23-2011 03:33 PM

Good for you. I too do quilting for charity. It makes your heart sing :-o

baglady65 10-23-2011 03:48 PM

I working in the yard today and even hung clothes out to dry! Think this could be the last of that!
Well I have a twin quilt to bind and 2 tree skirts to quilt and bind.
I will be off to Quilt Fest in Houston on Nov 2-6, my head will be spinning by the time I get home from there!
We are having our marriage valadated in the Catholic Church on Sat after more then 40 yrs, we are excided been a long time coming, just us, kids and g-kids and a good famliy. dinner after. This will be a busy week.........

anewchapter 10-23-2011 03:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I haven't anything to quilt right now, so I have been making skirts for my pocket books.

creativesheila 10-23-2011 03:56 PM

I am finishing a memory quilt -in memoriam of my dad. He passed about 10 years ago but I finally decided to make a quilt and give it to my sister as they were really close. I used ties, some of his and I had to get more, and printed photos and letters onto fabric sheets. I made a bow tie quilt with fabric blocks interspersed. Now I am stitching it all together.

madamekelly 10-23-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by klarina
I have always wanted to turn a cross stitch pattern into a quilt.

What are you going to do with this awesome rose?

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I am currently working out a challenge I set for myself, to turn a cross stitch pattern into a quilt. I have it stitched, but I will never again use that iron on stuff with the squares marked off. It left a black nasty residue all over my new sewing machine! Poor "Pearl" has black smut all over her face! I have no idea how to remove it! :twisted: :shock:

Well, LA's Awsome Degreaser was what finally took the ick off of the machine. I don't know what do with the quilt. I might just pass it on to be part of a charity quilt. Too many errors to put it in a show quilt.

Marni 10-23-2011 04:33 PM

Working on my Judy Niemeyer Glacier Star-last set of classes for it this coming weekend-will have enough done to construct the top with the extensions. Then comes the big decision-how to quilt it!!

momto5 10-23-2011 04:39 PM

I have a queen-size Carpenter's Star in the LA, and a baby quilt on the Janome...and two UFO's I need to get on! And what did I do this weekend? Shopped!

Nettie Phillips 10-23-2011 05:12 PM

I am trying to get a full size quilt quilted that I have been working
on for a few years. I am on the border so I hope it won't be long
now. Then I can post a picture.

SherryW 10-23-2011 05:21 PM

I cut up all of my scraps into squares and rectangles over the last couple of weeks, so today, I've been working on a scrappy garden brick wall quilt top and a Christmas ornament that I saw on-line.