Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you stitching this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-stitching-weekend-t162459.html)

GrannieAnnie 10-22-2011 07:47 PM

Made 6 burp rags. Starte to sew on a new winter backpack purse and discovered I've misplaced one piece. Will do more work on Nov. 6 baby shower for January baby quilt.

Anyone want to press for me?

Gramie bj 10-22-2011 08:16 PM

Finishing a challenge quilt for my LQS needs to be turned in on 5th Sat of Oct.

scrappy2 10-22-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by pandamommy
Finished a Super Mario top for a friends baby (should have been done in June, but it is a big quilt so the baby will be able to use if for many years to come) Then started a 10-minute block quilt for DH for Christmas. Have 7 blocks complete (except for the top stitching), 4 that I have to unsew and adjust and 1 with the final seam left to do.

pandamommy
Where did you find Super Mario fabric? All 3 of my DGS's love Mario. I was looking for Incredible Hulk too only could find him online. I would like to see a picture of quilt.

pandamommy 10-22-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy2

Finished a Super Mario top for a friends baby (should have been done in June, but it is a big quilt so the baby will be able to use if for many years to come) Then started a 10-minute block quilt for DH for Christmas. Have 7 blocks complete (except for the top stitching), 4 that I have to unsew and adjust and 1 with the final seam left to do.

pandamommy
Where did you find Super Mario fabric? All 3 of my DGS's love Mario. I was looking for Incredible Hulk too only could find him online. I would like to see a picture of quilt.

couldn't find fabric. When searching on line found where some one had cut 2 inch blocks and arranged to resemble mario. I'll post a picture of it in a day or two.

scrappy2 10-22-2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy2

pandamommy

couldn't find fabric. When searching on line found where some one had cut 2 inch blocks and arranged to resemble mario. I'll post a picture of it in a day or two.

I bought 3 mario T-Shirts on sale thinking about cutting them to at least have one block on each quilt with Mario.
Will be watching for pictures.

Mad Mimm 10-22-2011 09:24 PM

Just this evening I pin-basted a baby quilt that I have had for some time. I made it a few years ago and the lady did not like the fabric so I put it in a bin and made her another one. This is long overdue for a quilting!

I am also working on piecing a batik top that I have been working on.

Oh and fixing the ties on my infant son's crib bumper - hubby accidentally tore them trying to use brute force to get the mattress back in after a sheet change!! Haha!

dltaylor 10-22-2011 09:25 PM

finishing up 3 blankets for gifts, hopefully I will get all three finished.

Beth33 10-22-2011 09:39 PM

Practicing - trying to get consistent 1/4" seams. Still can't do that!

janedee 10-22-2011 10:55 PM

I am stitching down sheep using blanket stitch for a baby quilt - the sheep are made out of fleece lol

JuneBillie 10-22-2011 11:44 PM

Sewing on a quilt top, and working on a small table topper for our table in the dining room.