Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you talking about when you speak of your stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-talking-about-when-you-speak-your-stash-t57709.html)

Gilla 08-03-2010 04:59 PM

I have to clean my sewing area today and tomorrow as two of our children are coming to visit and would probably like to sit at the table (where I sew.) I looked at "my stash". When I watch photos of your stashes, I see nicely folded fabrics lined up in a row. I don't have nice pieces like that. Most of my "stash" is made up of remnants of other projects, some jellyrolls, fat quarters I picked up and a couple of charms. I have lots of 2 1/2 leftover strips or squares organized by color in plastic boxes from something else. Is that my stash? I guess I am deprived! I don't spend as much money as some of you do, but buy my share of fabrics usually for a quilt I have in mind. Am I alone in that?

Jim's Gem 08-03-2010 05:01 PM

Probably not. I have a substantial stash (much to my husbands chagrin) It is all neatly folded and tucked away (most of the time)
I love being able to shop from my sewing room for my next project!

Butterfly garden 08-03-2010 05:05 PM

For many, many years, my stash was one small box of scraps. Now I have three boxes of fabric and two small boxes of scraps. That is not a huge stash, but I have manufacturered two quilts out of it recently without making any other purchases.

bejay28 08-03-2010 05:08 PM

LOL....I don't have near as much as most of the stashes I have seen on here! I do have my share, mostly for what I am working on, or plan to work on.

grammyp 08-03-2010 05:13 PM

Mine is somewhere in the middle. I have a nice collection of yardage, but LOTS of remnants. I have plastic drawers with "foods", 2.5 inch strips, misc size strips, squares of various sizes, WIPs, I'spy squares, and HSTs of various sizes. Then I have boxes under my cutting table filled with little pieces cut off as I work. From time to time I go through them and sort into the drawers.

miss_ticky2 08-03-2010 05:18 PM

I don't have much at all..mainly because I've only started quilting in recent times. I will probably tend to get things as I need for a project in mind. Mind you..I have a few extra little pieces (about 6..lol) that I have no idea yet what I'm going to do.

sharon b 08-03-2010 05:18 PM

Mine is not as big as some, but I have more then I will probably ever use :oops:

I buy what I like and figure it out later :wink: LOL

franie 08-03-2010 05:20 PM

One with the biggest stash wins! What? I have no clue! I know I will never use all I have but I give it a good try.

pocoellie 08-03-2010 05:20 PM

I have 5 (65 qt) plastic totes filled with just scraps, 2 large drawers filled with already cut squares and strips, plus a whole ton of yardage, ruler folded in drawers and another 18-20 (65 qt) plastic totes filled with yardage. I am trying to not shop for fabric. LOL

pstoner 08-03-2010 05:50 PM

most of my "stash" is projects that I am going to start, or left over pieces from previous projects. I have one drawer that I put my "cutoff's" into but that's the extent of my stash. Oops. this just posted twice, sorry don't know how this happened